Why You Should Rush Pi Phi, Based On Our Values

"The mission of Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women is to promote friendship, develop women of intellect and integrity, cultivate leadership potential and enrich lives through community service." - Pi Beta Phi

584
YouTube

Let me start out by saying: cool t-shirts and parties are not the reason to rush a Greek house. It's honestly so much more than that. It's about finding the people who truly understand you even when you don't fully understand yourself.

The best way to figure out who you are is to go to where you don't have to be someone else. First, you're a part of a Greek house; then, it becomes a part of you.

Pi Phi sisters are the angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

So, here's to lack of sleep, blistered feet, and amazing new sisters at the end of the week. Rush Pi Phi if you're a college girl that sincerely believes in these things:

Integrity.

Integrity is not something you show others. It is how you behave behind your sisters' backs. It's making sure that the things you say and the things you do are in alignment. Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.

Lifelong Commitment.

Close friends are truly life's treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are always there to guide and support us, to share our laughter, and to share our tears. This lifelong commitment reminds us that we are never truly alone.

Honor and Respect.

Respect is earned. There is no better friend than a sister. I wish for this to be the first of many best days of your life. A common misconception of Greek Life, in general, is that it only promotes a lifestyle of partying in college. Erhhhhhhh, hold up. People ask why I am in a sorority and I go on to attempt to explain all of the things it is that they cannot see. It's SO MUCH MORE than letters on a sweatshirt. It's about earning your spot through your joint hard work as a house. A Greek house is not one girl; it is a large group of girls that ALL give without expecting anything in return. Once you have your sisters' respect, you will feel like the entire world is on your side and rooting for you to win in life.

Personal and Intellectual Growth.

Sisters always ask questions, borrow your clothes, tell you when your hair doesn't look good, are honest when it comes to anything involving fashion, laugh out loud at every joke, fight but are never drawn apart, love you always, encourage you when you are down, and always hug you when you least expect it. A sister is your go-to, your teacher, and your closest friend. You'll learn more from your "srat" sisters than you would've ever expected.

Philanthropic Service to Others.

At the heart of every sorority, is a proudly represented, national philanthropy. The goal of sororities in this manner is to raise as much money as possible for their specific group. Being a part of our philanthropy, "Read, Lead, Achieve", is a gift entrusted to us to cherish and then pass on to our younger sisters. It is a shared mission and life-changing tradition.

Sincere Friendship.

They are your sisters. They are the mirror that shines back at you with millions of possibilities. They are your witnesses and will see you at both your best and worst and still love you anyway. So, if you allow your sisters to be responsible for your smile, be responsible with their hearts as well. And honestly, when I say I won't tell anyone, my sister doesn't count.... #sorrynotsorry

So, if you're personality and beliefs are in line with our values, then I hope you decide to rush our house when the opportunity arises. We are just one Greek house among many great options, but we really do want to make a difference in the lives of young women and we want to start with you.

Love always,

Your Future Pi Phi Sister