Why You Should Never Ignore Someone

Why You Should Never Ignore Someone

How many times have you ignored someone?

2889
Why You Should Never Ignore Someone

I am a very easygoing person. I deal with people for who they are and I have a high tolerance for pretty much anything that enters and exits my life. Everyone has pet peeves, but my biggest pet peeve is when people ignore me for no good reason.

Everyone has that one thing that makes them twitch or gets under their skin at times. It's normal for humans to have certain things that annoy them. My twitch happens when people ignore me. I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets that upset about being ignored. For some weird reason, it really bugs me.

Picture yourself going for your first official job interview. You do all the talking, giving you're best smile and adult voice in you, about why you should get that specific job. What if the interviewer just looked you dead in the eyes and walked out and didn't utter a syllable to you? How would you feel? Pretty shocked, angry, and upset that you put all that work in just to get nothing in return. Well that's how I (and I'm sure others) feel after being ignored for no good reason.

There is never a good reason to ignore someone. Communication is the route of pretty much everything going on in today's world. We communicate every day. Talking, texting, emailing, video chat, phone calls and so many more. It's how we live. So why would you stop communicating with people? Why would you not give them the time of day? I find it extremely rude when I get ignored. I put too much effort into talking, making conversations and creating new friendships to get no reaction what so ever sometimes from certain people. (You may or may not know who you are)

I do a lot of things for others before myself most of the time. I am a believer in helping others and I can't stand to be in bad places with people. I don't enjoy fighting or causing drama. So, I really don't think it's that much to ask when I try to have a conversation with you. I have this done to me way too often and I will never understand why.

The kindest thing you can do is just let someone know in a nice way you can't talk. By saying, "Hey, I'm busy I'll talk to you later!" goes a very long way in my book. Completely shutting them out if totally rude and out of line. I know we as people don't want to deal with other people for whatever reason, but just think back to my story about the job interview. Both positions in the story suck because as the job interviewer, you look like a completely asshole, and from the person getting interviewed you feel lost and upset.

Maybe thinks twice before you ignore someone and just be a little kind and from the bottom of your heart try to be like the person you would want to be treated on a daily basis.

Friendships, relationships, partnerships and family matters all require communication or everything can fall apart and crumble before your very eyes. Nothing can work without a little 'give and take' as my mom says. It does not work as smoothly as it can without both people involved in a situation. Plain and simple.