Why You Should Check Out HonorSociety.org

College Magazine ranked HonorSociety.org as one of the top 5 honor societies you should join.
19

Have you ever been invited to join an honor society? Invitations may seem like a surprise in your inbox, given you weren't necessarily expecting them, but then again who is? Of course, you'd like to read reviews and learn more to make sure it is worth the time, effort, and dues. Let’s take a look at what makes HonorSociety.org a unique opportunity for any student looking to go further, and why College Magazine has ranked it as one of the top 5 honor societies you should join.

HonorSociety.org is a technology-driven society that helps connect members to people and opportunities to help them succeed. The mission of HonorSociety.org is to help members maximize their academic, leadership, and networking opportunities.

The benefits for members of HonorSociety.org range from career guides to travel discounts, and health and dental plan discounts. The best part about HonorSociety.org is that it is a community which recognizes its members' merits long after graduation, as members are still eligible for benefits after they receive their diploma. Members also have the opportunity to apply for scholarships for their achievements based on their GPAs, service to the community, etc., all while motivating them to maintain their high grades for future scholarship opportunities. Members also have the option to wear HonorSociety.org regalia at graduation, recognizing their membership in the society.

HonorSociety.org also has a network of partners, which includes universities, corporations, associations, and nonprofits. The society is also very active and has large followings on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube ensuring that you can connect with the society and high achievers on your social network of choice.

Furthermore, your involvement will not only be through a computer screen— you can actually meet fellow members and alumni by attending one of the society's exclusive member trips, traveling to places such as Washington, D.C. or Los Angeles. While on their most recent trip in D.C., members enjoyed networking opportunities on Capitol Hill, a member banquet and ceremony, tours of famous memorials, historic buildings, and museums. Their next national member conference will be in October 2016 in Seattle, Washington.

Once you join HonorSociety.org, you will gain access to a personal online profile on the society's website, which will help build your personal brand on the internet. The organization also has a job search feature, which will allow you to search over 20 million jobs that range from part-time jobs to full-time positions.

The organization rewards you for dedicating time to maintaining a high GPA and achieving academic goals. If you want to be more involved, members can become featured writers and have articles published nationally. You can even get involved with the chapter at your university or start a chapter at your school by becoming a founding member. This position offers extensive leadership experience -- an essential tool for life (not to mention, it looks great on a resume). If you have been invited to join, these reasons make it clear that it's worth the time to check out HonorSociety.org.