7 Reasons Being Best Friends With Your Boyfriend Is The BEST

7 Reasons Being Best Friends With Your Boyfriend Is Undeniably The BEST

Sometimes you just click better with your BF than anyone else.

381
Bree Moran

Have you ever just met that one person in your life and the two of you have an instant connection and then suddenly the two of you become two peas in a pod?

Well, that's exactly the beginning of my relationship with my boyfriend. I have never clicked so well with anyone. Most people will say your boyfriend shouldn't be your best friend but I have to strongly disagree with that statement! I think it is very healthy when a relationship starts out as best friends and then leads to a relationship. I thought of the many reasons I love that my boyfriend and best friend are the same person, and here they are:

1. It builds a very strong base for the relationship.

As I've dated in the past I've realized that the reason why other things didn't work out with other people is because we didn't have a lot in common and we really didn't know each other that well before getting into a boyfriend and girlfriend situation! I notice that taking things slow and becoming friends first really helps build that first strong layer to the relationship.

2. You can earn each other's trust through friendship.

I truly feel that trust is one of the biggest factors in the relationship. When you start out as friends, you really start to gain trust from each other because you start spending a lot of time together and you start to see that person's true colors.

3. You start to gain a healthy level of respect.

I truly feel like relationships cannot work if there isn't a healthy level of respect between the two of you. Becoming friends first will gain that respect towards each other.

4. You get to have "the chase."

When I first met my boyfriend, I didn't exactly know where our relationship was going to end up, so the chase was a big aspect for us because we took our time getting to know each other. The chase is always a fun way to start a relationship!

5. You'll bond easier as a couple.

When the two of you start out as friends, you're finding out all of their likes, dislikes, pet peeves, and so on! Once you become an actual couple it'll be easier for the two of you to bond on things together because you already know what the other person is into.

6. You learn to value each other.

Relationships are great, but are they worth it if the other person doesn't value you? You should want to value all that the other person has to offer you in your relationship! They are human, not an object! Starting out as friends will definitely help with that.

7. You'll try new things together.

Trying new things together will also strengthen the bond between you two. It will also push the two of you out of your comfort zone and you'll see new sides of each other!

Follow Swoon on Instagram.