Why You Should Apart Of The Big Brother Big Sister Program

Being a big will change your life

19

Big brothers and big sisters is an opportunity where you can be a mentor for younger aged kids. Becoming a big is kind of a long process but you will learn all about that if you apply. It is just so they make sure they take the right person. After I got accepted it look a couple of months for me to go be matched with my little. Once you match you have to be committed for at least a year.

I’ve actually only had a couple of meetings with my little but it has already paid off so much. My little is the sweetest thing and I cannot wait for the next year or more. We have already talked about so many things to do.

Here are some ideas:

1. Make friendship bracelets
  2. Have a picnic
  3. Bake a treat
  4. Play mini golf
  5. Play some sport
  6. Play frisbee golf
  7. Go on a bike ride
  8. Visit a museum
  9. Visit every park on your town
  10. Play Laser tag

You will help your little with so many things in their life. I am the youngest in my family. So I have never been around a younger child that I was close with the besides a job, but this is totally different. Having a younger child in my life gives me the opportunity to teach them things that my older sibling never did when I was at that age. That is what you can do. You can go on many adventures if you pick that route, help with homework, have meals, and just talk until you can’t talk anymore. Being a big is such a eye opening opportunity. You will learn so much from this younger person that hopefully you will stay longer than a year and even stay friends after they can no longer be your little. Please take the opportunity to look up more information on the program. They always are taking more bigs.