Why You Should Always be Thankful

Why You Should Always be Thankful

You never know the struggles someone had to go through for what you have.

173
Why You Should Always be Thankful
image.syracuse.com

Being thankful for everything I have is something my dad has always taught me. I have always been blessed enough to live a life where I don't have to worry where I will sleep or eat the next day. Although I have struggled for some time in my life, I can't compare to the struggles of other people.

For years I have lived with ignorance in just thinking for myself and not others, sometimes not thanking God for my new job that I was offered or thanking my mom for all she has done.

To me, it is important to be thankful, always, for what you have and what you don't have. It feels nice when you buy something brand new and the first thing you want to do is show it off to all your friends. In this world, you always want to sport the top brands of clothing, Instagram the places you travel to, Snapchat the different ethnic foods you decided to try that week, and buy the latest iPhone on the market.

I feel that many times you forget to thank God, your parents or whatever made possible for you to buy all these luxuries. We engross ourselves in the social media and on the latest things that we don't stop and think about who created these things for us, To this day, I try to stop and think about what led up to the moment of me obtaining my new phone or the money in my bank account.

As the daughter of a hardworking mother, I try to follow in her steps and work as hard as I can to accomplish my goals. I try to do good and give back to my mother whenever I can because it all started with her. She gave me the opportunity to thrive in this country, she gave me the education I needed to get to where I am, and she sacrificed herself so I ultimately wouldn't suffer.

I try to give her as much credit as I can but sometimes I forget when posting a Snapchat about the places I travel. As a human being, it is okay to make mistakes.

We should always be thankful of the food we eat, someone worked long hours and hasn't fed their family properly for you to throw away those leftovers you don't want. Someone is probably working at a sweatshop for your brand new shirt you bought for over $20 when they probably received less than twenty cents for it. I don't want to put such extremes out like this, but eventually, these things do happen and sometimes we have no control over them.

It is important to always be thankful for everything you do and don't have because you don't know what someone had to go through for your new pair of shoes. We can always take time out of our day to just say thank you or acknowledge where your stuff comes from.