My Best Friend Is 92 And Here Are 92 Reasons She Is My Best Friend

92 and completely and utterly THRIVING

317

If it isn't clear my BFF is my Grandma, and yes, she knows what BFF means. She never fails to give me someone to talk to and is always interested in my life. She is the most caring person I know and always wants the best for not only her family but acquaintances. I wish her the very best of birthday and I know 92 will be another year of growing and learning new things to prepare her for 93!

1.  She keeps me updated 

2. With politics... 

3. The government... 

4. the stock market... 

5. ...and with our family all over the country

6. She is the funniest 92 year old ever 

7. In fact, she is one of the funniest people I know

8. She has no clue how funny she is 

9. She hates dogs

10. but secretly loves my dog 

11. She will never admit that she loves my dog

12. She prefers desserts over dinner 

13. She has waffles for dinner 

14. She doesn't make me feel bad about getting 7 different desserts on my plate at family events... 

15.  ...Because she puts 8 desserts on hers

16.  She makes moistest cakes 

17. and the cheesiest potatoes Au Gratin

18. Shes still a kid at heart 

19.  She still enjoys Christmas morning...

20.  And all the gifts 

21.  She'll keep me company when I'm bored

22.  Calls me when she misses me  

23.  And I can always rely on her answering me when I miss her 

24.  She has the comfiest sweaters 

25.  and the softest pink jacket 

26.  She loves the color Pink

27.  and turquoise 

28.  She can clean up all the papers on her desk in a day 

29.  and then make a mess of the desk the next day

30.  She is content as long as she has a book...

31.  in the car 

32.  on the beach 

33.  in bed 

34.  on an airplane 

35.  in her garden 

36.  92 doesn't stop her from gardening 

37.  She hates weeds 

38.  And loves Azaleas

39.  She has MANY talents... 

40.  like setting her security alarm off and not being able to hear it 

41.  making a boiled egg explode 

42.  She has lift to go up and down her stairs, but she just walks

43.  And she knows how to tell a telemarketer to leave her alone!

44.  but most impressive is she donates to every cause she can

45.  Diabetes 

46.  Kappa Delta PCAA

47.   and of course the republicans

48.  She always sits in the back seat 

49.  Because the passenger seat is the "death seat"

50.  Everyone, who is anyone, loves her 

51.  My friends... 

52.  Neighbors...

53.  Bank Tellers...

54.  And even the grumpiest TSA agent 

55.  Every family vacation I share a room with her 

56.  And she makes sure to bring an endless supply of snacks

57.  She puts two things in a drawer and its officially hers 

58.  She is always willing to try new foods 

59.  Even if she has no clue what it is.

I swear thanksgiving she experimented with more foods than me

60.  She likes a strawberry with every bite of cereal 

61.  She has 0 filter...

62.  And rather than making people mad, she just makes them laugh 

63.  She will watch award shows 

64.  Even if she has no idea what's going on in current media 

65.  She loves to feel young 

66.  91 is young, 92 is old 

67.  She always clarifies she is NOT 92

68.  She's always down to have a glass of pink moscato 

69.  She loves watching football...

70.  ...even thought she cant follow the ball 

71.  Basketball is another one of grammys favorites...

72. ...because she can follow the ball

73.  2 Madeline cookies are just enough for breakfast 

74.  and so is a piece of cake 

75. She loves watching new shows and trying new things 

76. She is completely against learning new pop culture 

77. She TRIES to keep up with the latest gossip in the Hollywood world 

78. She has the comfiest guest beds 

79. She is incredibly supportive

80. She attended my high school graduation 

81.  All my dance recitals 

82. My senior fashion show 

83. She loves watching me achieve my goals 

84. She always has to match her outfit of the day to her shoes 

85. 92 doesnt stop her from being stylish 

86. Poka dots are one of her favorites

87. Her care packages to me at college come with all the necessary necessities 

88. like tissues....

89. Jelly Beans...

90. and little notebooks she receives in the mail 

91. She loves me with all her heart and never fails to show it

92.  92  will never stop her from living like she's 25 and enjoying every second she has on this Earth! 

Happy birthday, Grammy! I hope 92 treats you as well as 91, 90, 89... etc. etc. Love you very much and wish I were there to celebrate with you! <3