This Might Be Why You Hate Working Out

This Might Be Why You Hate Working Out

You don't have to go to the gym to get a workout in.

49

Everyone is different. We have different body types and genes. How to stay healthy varies on the person. Some people love cardio and running, others like lifting and high-intensity training. Some people stay fit by doing Zumba, dance, or yoga.

There's a lot of people who don't consistently exercise. A lot of people make excuses or say it's not for them. Some people even say they hate working out. I think they haven't found a workout best for them yet.

Determining what exercise is best for you depends on your goals. For example, if you want big and defined muscles, heavy lifting would probably be your best option. My goals are to stay fit and have toned muscles. I've done a mixture of exercises to achieve that.

It took me awhile till I found a workout that I could do consistently. I started on machines at Planet Fitness. Then, I did CrossFit for a few months. I liked CrossFit at first, but then my schedule got busy and I couldn't make it to classes.

After that, I lifted consistently at my local YMCA. I also started doing yoga after my workouts. Both lifting and yoga became a huge part of my exercise routine. But, after moving to away to college, I had almost no time to make it to the gym.

Since I was busy at school, I started focusing on yoga. It saved time because I could do it at home. I learned poses from watching YouTube videos. Yoga challenges me because I workout my mind and body. I have consistently practiced yoga for about 6 months now without lifting. I feel amazing every time I do yoga plus I have been staying very fit.

If you don't like how you feel when you're working out, find new exercises. You can also rotate between exercises throughout the week so you don't get bored.

Don't give up just because you don't like it. Staying fit and healthy is important for your body so find what works for you!