Why You Are More Destructive Than You Realize

Understand the weight of your presence.

24
https://pixabay.com/photos/mirror-self-care-reflection-5109127/

Everyone always feels that they are the one who is different. They are the one who is kinder, more understanding, less judgmental, a better listener. It is entirely understandable why most feel this way. You know your thoughts in every second of every day, the way you approach and handle things, and the way you move through the chaos that is life.

You feel the way other's words impact you, the way they linger, and the way they influence you. You would never make someone else feel the way they make you feel, at least that is what you think.

You are probably wrong.

In reality, you do not realize the weight your words may have on others, because maybe they do not bother you. You are incapable of knowing what hurts and what does not in another's existence. Humans love secrets, and fear opening up. There is nothing we are better at then keeping our true feelings to ourselves. Just because something is not said, does not mean that it is not felt.

It is a really hard thing to accept that your independence can sometimes be selfishness. It is hard to accept that your sarcasm is not always okay if others do not reciprocate it. It is hard to accept that your tough love can hurt others, or make them feel unsupported. There are a lot more things that are hard to look in on, but I know I have had to come to terms with these myself.

The point that I am trying to get at is not that you suck as person (only you can know that), but more so to try to get you to think about your impact a little more. It is easy to forget everyone exists all the time, living their lives and fighting their battles right alongside you. You really never know how one comment can shake someone, and follow them long after you said it.

Do not hate people. Do not flood others with negativity. Let things go. Move on. Do not linger in the bitterness, find love, find happiness and try to be better about not being an obstacle in the pursuit for others.