The 10 Commandments Of Self Love

The 10 Commandments Of Self Love

There may be something about yourself that you are not quite happy with.

2051
The 10 Commandments Of Self Love
pintrest

One of the worst things that someone could say about themselves is that they hate the way they are. I believe everyone is here for a purpose and that purpose should be shown on your shoulders. Self-love is so important to boys and girls all around the world. I haven’t met someone yet that 100 percent loves their body and it hurts. You’re probably reading this thinking about the stuff you hate about yourself. I’m sorry. No one should ever go through that. I once was told to write 50 things I like about myself, basically a gratitude list. So I did and as I was writing I first pulled out the really big important stuff like, “I like my eye color” and “I like how thick my thighs are”. As I was writing more and more, on number 39 I started to get writers block where I just couldn’t write anything more. So I pulled out the smallest stuff that I could think of and by the time my hand was throbbing in pain from writing, I had 126 things I liked about myself. That blew my mind.

If everyone, every day wrote at least 5 things they liked about themselves for a month WITHOUT repeating it would blow your mind also. Self-love should come at a young age. The younger you are the better, because if you show others that you are this attractive, kind hearted boy/girl then you will have so many people look up to you. A beautiful person isn’t just looks, or a number on the scale. A beautiful person is someone who not only loves themselves for who they are but loves others also. Loving yourself or someone is a huge take on someone. Everyone deserves loves. Love from parents, friends, partners, dogs, cat, you get it, it huge. It shows them the value and perspective that people think of you.

The 10 commandments of self-love goes kind of like this:

1. I shall lovingly accept myself as I am right now.

2. I shall appreciate all the beauty that makes me who I am.

3. I shall regularly give thanks for all my blessings.

4. I shall trust in my ability to take care of myself.

5. I shall not criticize myself.

6. I shall not criticize others.

7. I shall forgive myself when I make a mistake.

8. I shall be kind to others without sacrificing my own needs.

9. I shall take responsibility for my life.

10. I shall love myself to the best of my ability.

I don’t think anything is more important than that list. Not one number is more important than the other and not one should be done before the other. Everyone deserves to be happy and loved, but the truth is that you can't love anyone else fully until you love yourself.

From Your Site Articles