To this day I still believe that Laguna Beach and The Hills are the best shows to ever air on MTV (Next giving them a run for its money). Yet after putting insix6 years of dedication (2004-2010), the final episode of The Hills caused an uproar.
As Brody Jenner, now irrelevant half-sibling of the Kardashians, and Kristin Cavallari say their "last goodbye" in the final few seconds of the entire series, a backdrop with the Hollywood sign is pulled up, Kristin gets out of the car, and you hear a producer say, "That's a rap, see you guys tomorrow."
This was supposed to be reality TV! I have thrived on these people's gossip since I was 10 when Talan was still in love with LC and Kristin and Morgan didn't get into college anywhere! Why is this happening?! While I, like so many, was experiencing feelings of sadness, confusion, betrayal, I had to remind myself of all the good times The Hills provided.
1. Audrina and LC's friendship.
2. More importantly, Lo and LC's friendship.
3. Those few blissful episodes Brody and LC were together.
4. Justin. Bobby.
5. Enzo: the boy next door.
6. "The girl who didn't go to Paris." ~Always go to Paris~
8. Specifically Spencer.
9. When Speidi got really into crystals.
10. Lauren's eye rolls.
11. Laguna throwback teaching us spring break etiquette.
12. Talks with Whitney in the closet of Teen Vogue.
13. A front row seat to Heidi's transformation.
14. Kristin coming out of the woodwork at Speidi's wedding.
15. The deliverance of the most memorable quote on MTV of all time...ever.
16. LC being a fortune cookie nearly every episode.
17. Every moment Lo was on the show.
But then again...an alternate ending exists, in which they don't show the backdrop and LC comes back. So is it all worth it? What is the truth? Will we ever know if it was real or not? The Hills will forever remain a mystery as big as Area 51.