Why We Need To Hope?

Why We Need To Hope?

Discover why we need to hope in our situations...

1278
Why We Need To Hope?

To have hope is to want a result which makes your life better in a different way. It can help make a tough present situation more bearable but also can finally improve our lives because envisioning a better future motivates you to take action to make it happen. Everyone hopes for something. It's an inherent part of being a human being. Hope helps us define what we desire in our futures contract and can be a part of this self-narrative about our lives all of us have running inside our minds.

The definition of hope might differ depending upon the individual doing the speaking. When people speak about hope within a spiritual context, it may mean believing great things will occur with religion in a higher power. They might lead their hopes outward in prayer. For many others, it might mean constantly looking on the bright side and viewing challenges as opportunities. Merriam-Webster's definition makes"hope" seem close to"wish":"to cherish a desire with anticipation: to want something to happen or be accurate." No matter the details, hope generally means a desire for things to change for the better, and to want that better situation very much.

Hope is not optimism. Why can we say ? An optimistic generally is more hopeful than others. On the other hand, the most pessimistic man you ever met can continue to be hopeful about some thing. Hope is quite specific and focused, usually on just one issue. Such as"I hope I get that job I interviewed for" or"I hope she calls me."

Many people associate hope using a dire situation. People hope to get out of difficult circumstances. That's often when people find themselves hoping fervently! But hope also can provide the key to making everyday life better. That is because only imagining something hopeful -- the child viewing himself riding her new bike, for instance -- gives a person a moment of joy, according to Psychology Today. It can make present difficulties much easier to bear. An example of that is reported by the American Psychology Association. Children who grew up in poverty but had success later in life all had something in common -- hope. Dr. Valerie Maholmes, who worked on the research, said hope involves"preparation and motivation and decision" to get exactly what one hopes for.

In a sense, having hope links your previous and current to the future. You have a vision for what you hope will happen. Whether it does not, just envisioning it can make you feel better. And when it's something you can somewhat control -- such as the kids working to escape poverty -- then hope can inspire you to take whatever steps you want to take.