Why Wait For The New Year?

It always interests me the amount of tweets, posts, memes, etc. I see about "New Year new me". Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with making resolutions or goals for the next year, but I don't understand why everyone waits until the New Year to change something.

Here's the thing about change period, it's inevitable and life will switch up whether you want it to or not. We constantly have to readjust to new situations. With that being said, why not continually readjust, set new goals, and make changes to your lifestyle to fit in with what you're going through. I'm sure New Years adds a extra amount of motivation, but to be truthful, you have to motivate yourself all year round no matter what you do.

Therefore, the real question is, "why wait for the New Year?" There really is no set time when you should make goals for yourself or when you need to reevaluate and make some changes so, why is New Years the designated time to make lifestyle changes? Just because it's a new year doesn't mean it's a better or worse time to make a change. Just do it, whenever, wherever, and for whatever reason you need to.

Here are some quotes about change:

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." - Socrates

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." - George Bernard Shaw

"Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end." - Robin Sharma

"Don't be afraid to change. You may lose something good but you may gain something better." - Unknown

"One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain." - Rick Godwin

"Here's the truth about big life changes: some people won't come with you. And that's okay." - Unknown

If you do make resolutions for the New Year, good luck to you and I truly hope it works out for you. Just consider the reality that change is all around us, and we have to consistently change and rearrange whether we like it or not.