Why Voting Stinks

Why Voting Stinks

Is "none of the above" an option?

9
Why Voting Stinks
jacksondems.com

The presidential election is the current issue dominating the news. And yes, "issue" is the correct term to use here. While I am a person of many opinions (which rarely align with others), I think we can all agree that the candidates in this race suck. On one side, we have a self-proclaimed socialist and a woman with a disgustingly long list of scandals and baggage. On the other side, we have a supposedly "conservative businessman" who is gaining popularity through the use of his pompous and condescending language and a man who can't get along with the people in his own party. The fifth and final candidate barely gets any media coverage and can't win any states other than his own.

This election has left some Americans all fired up and frenzied, and has left even more scratching their heads. Out of the (almost) 320 million people in the United States of America, 11 million of which are eligible to run for President, is this the best we can do? You would think that running for presidency would be an honor, but this race has turned the respectable position into ringleader of a circus. Candidates are insulting each others wives and children, as well as the private body parts of the opposition. Is this what the U.S. has really come to?

I just voted for the first time in my life in the New York primary, and while I should be celebrating the accomplishment, I'm dreading the outcome. I asked my parents who they voted for when they voted the first time and I realized that when my own kids ask me the same question, I'm not going to be very proud of my response. It's not my fault that they don't match my expectations for President. Voting for president should be difficult because the candidates are all respectable, qualified, and patriotic citizens. It should not be a difficult decision because you have to pick which one would screw up the nation the least.

Politicians stink and voting is hard. So the best thing we can do is to educate ourselves on all of the candidates, regardless of which "side" we are on, and pick the one that will genuinely benefit the nation and who doesn't stink as much as the other candidates.