Why Vaccines Are Against My Religion

Why Vaccines Are Against My Religion

Yes, I’m a Christian.
165

Many of us have been required to get vaccines to attend universities, so we just get them. But do we know exactly what we are putting into our bodies? Do we know the long-term effects of a shot that we only need for a short-term situation?

I do.

That’s why I’m legally exempted from “mandatory” vaccination.

What a lot of people don’t know is that you can legally exempt yourself from mandatory vaccination depending on the state’s laws. Almost all states allow exemption for medical issues, but some other states like Arizona, allow you to exempt yourself if you are philosophically or religiously opposed to vaccines.

I am both.

There is so much I can say about vaccines and vaccination exemption, but this is just going to be an overview on the religious aspect.

Where in the Bible does it say, “Thou shall not be vaccinated,” you ask? Well it may not say directly, but it can definitely be implied.

“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?” 1 Corinthians 6:19

If our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, then we should do everything we can to protect it. We need to protect our bodies from harm, including the vaccines that could be the cause. Vaccinations are not guaranteed to work 100% effectively. Every time we get a shot, we are taking a risk. You could end up even more sick than you were to begin with.

In fact, all vaccines contain chemicals, many of which can be deadly on their own, such as mercury or anti-freeze. Yes you read that right, Mercury and anti-freeze are in some of your vaccines. These deadly chemicals are being put into our body because society tells us we have to, but my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit; I will not poison it with deadly chemicals that aren't considered deadly when they're in a vaccination.

“So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.” Genesis 1:27

If we are made in the image of God, then we are made perfect. Not perfect without sin, but perfectly human, perfectly individual; exactly how God intended us. God does not make mistakes. Why do we need to put immunizations into our body if we have faith in Him to take care of us? Our bodies are made to fight off certain diseases alone, not with vaccines. Why should we make any additions to our bodies if we are already exactly how God wants us already?

Like mentioned earlier, in addition to being religious reasons, there are many other reasons to oppose vaccines as well. Everyone has their own views and mine my seem pretty extreme, but maybe now you will understand when someone is "religiously exempted" from vaccines and I encourage everyone to look into a vaccine and its ingredients before getting one.