Why I Think You Should Appreciate Alone Time

Because social interaction can be way too much in college.

2

In college, it's extremely tough to get any kind of alone time. You're either in class, the dining hall, or your room (that you probably share with at least one other person). You're constantly surrounded by people, most of whom you don't interact with (or at least you don't enjoy interacting with) on a regular basis. There is nothing more annoying than constantly being bothered by people, especially when you're trying to get work done as efficiently as possible. College is a time where you're always with your friends and never your family, which is cool, but the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

The reality is that we all like alone time. We all need alone time. Personally, if I don't get a little bit of alone time each day, I go insane. There is a time that we need to sit back and relax so that we don't get too caught up in what everyone else is doing or worrying about. Even if it means just sitting at your desk staring at the blank wall, it is still being alone. There is nothing wrong with taking a small amount of time to be alone because it helps us deal with our social interactions much more effectively.

Cherish the time you have alone because you won't always have that as much and it can really make a difference. If you can, take time each day to do something small for yourself. "Treat yo self" to Starbucks, draw yourself a bath, or take time to cook your favorite meal by yourself. Literally anything will do. Just please appreciate alone time because it will help you when you actually have to interact and deal with people (and we all know how draining that can be).