Why The Fighting?

Why The Fighting?

The Real Reality Check

6
Why The Fighting?
www.getliquid.com

On my last article, I talked about my opinion when Trump got elected as President. I realized something a week after Election day. I went on a rant about how Trump will be this crazy lunatic that could change America drastically. I thought I went a little overboard with it. But don't get me wrong, I still don't think he is fit to be president. But that's not my point. There have been quite a bit of unfit presidents and other politicians that have run this country. We live in a society where there will be people unqualified for any sort of job. It happens all the time and there's nothing we can do about it. But what bothers me more is the fact that we're so divided. We have diversified ourselves racially, politically, theologically, geographically and even by our social classes. It dawned to me about how we have so much fighting and ignorance in this country. We lack cultural acceptance.

Everyday, I either see something on the media or hear about it in my everyday life that regards to hatred of another group. We have a hard time accepting others for who they are. It's primarily because we were taught these sort of things. Black people are meant to be poor and thugs, Asians are supposed to be good at arithmetic and science, Muslims are terrorists and should be thrown out of the country, gay people shouldn't have the right to be married and show affection in public and women don't have what it takes to be leaders and should be set to high standards. And you're right to judge that America has a white male predominance in politics. But why does it have to be that way? How come other countries can do a better job of acceptance than we can? I've come to realize that it isn't just the politicians, it's us. The general public. We're responsible for all this. We're the ones responsible with this disaster. Not Trump or Hillary or whatever lovely politician you dream about in your sleep. We are the problem. All we do is fight over who has the stronger opinion and who is the smartest person in the room. We are all entitled to our own opinions but we just take people down so hard it's ridiculously embarrassing as a society.

Instead, try this. Forget about the media. Forget about the hate. Forget about what your political science professor or your grandfather on Thanksgiving says about the world. Think about how lucky you are to live in America. It's far from perfect but it's a pretty livable place. You have food, clothing, shelter, a TV, a phone, friends and all the great things that you can have. We're missing the point of living to the fullest. I was missing the point on my last article. I've realized that Trump will be our president and I can't control it. Politicians will be politicians. The Media will continue to throw harsh criticisms back and forth. People will continue to argue. I don't want any part of that. I hope you don't want to either. So instead of being prejudice towards everybody, just be nice to them. It's incredible that people behave this way in the first place. You have no idea how they've lived their life and how they made it this far. You don't know what they're thinking. All I ask from people is to set aside our opinions and just make peace with each other. There's no reason to fight.