Why Tea Is The Beyonce Of Drinks

Why Tea Is The Beyonce Of Drinks

Why drink coffee when you can have tea?
149

I hate coffee. There, I said it. I'm a tea drinker through and through. Coffee just absolutely wrecks my stomach and I barely feel energized from it. My family has always been big on drinking tea and in the past year, I've switched over to tea entirely. I'm not going to completely bash coffee because I know it has some die-hard fans. However, let me explain why I think that you should switch over to tea to get your caffeine buzz and some pretty great health benefits.

Tea has been used for thousands of years and is one of the most widely consumed drinks in the world, second only to water. According to Chinese legend, the first cup of tea was brewed in 2700 BC and tea was introduced to Europe in the 1600s. Tea possesses a plethora of health benefits, and studies are constantly coming out supporting these benefits. For this article, I'm just going to focus on my top five favorite teas and why they're so good for you.

Green Tea

Green tea has a very high concentration of polyphenols, which is a type of powerful antioxidant. Green tea is a natural diuretic, which means it gets rid of excess fluid in the body. Research has shown that it helps prevent atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, inflammatory bowel disease, cardiovascular disease, and liver disease. Green tea also helps control blood sugar levels and may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.

White Tea

Much like green tea, white tea has a high level of polyphenols. The polyphenols in white tea helps neutralize free radicals in the body that leads to various types of damage to organs. White tea contains also flavonoids and tannins, which aid in the prevention of bacteria growth. White tea has been found to prevent plaque formation, aid in the relief diabetic symptoms by increasing insulin, prevent infections, and some studies have pointed to white tea having anti-cancer properties.

Chamomile

Drinking chamomile tea is a great boost to the immune system, as it has a variety of medicinal properties. It can be used to treat stomach cramps, migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, menstrual cramps, muscle spasms, and stomach ulcers. Recent research has also shown that chamomile tea can treat hyperglycemia and diabetic symptoms. Chamomile tea can also help you get a good nights rest as it is commonly used to aid sleep.

Peppermint

Peppermint tea helps treat colonic spasms, gas, cavities, headaches, and irritable bowel syndrome. It also clears the body's respiratory tract, reduces stress levels, helps with concentration, and aids sleep. Plus, peppermint tea will leave your breath as fresh as it tastes.

Ginger

Ginger tea is an incredibly good boost for the immune system and the digestive system. It is an anti-inflammatory that has been found to treat nausea, indigestion, and irritable bowel system. Ginger tea can also be used to help fight infections, treat the common cold and flu, and treat menstrual cramps.

I said I wasn't going to bash coffee, but we're only five teas in and we've treated everything from headaches to diabetes. Much like Queen Bey, tea is soothing and good for your general health. So I'm really happy for you and I'm gonna to let you finish, coffee, but tea is the best drink of all time.