Why I Stand With Colin Kaepernick

Why I Stand With Colin Kaepernick

how his scrutiny is very expected

21
Why I Stand With Colin Kaepernick
Sporting News

Recently, Colin Kaepernick has decided to not stand for the national anthem. He says that, "When there's significant change and I feel like that flag represents what it's supposed to represent, this country is representing people the way that it's supposed to, I'll stand." For his actions there have been many who support his decision to not stand up for the flag, and there are many who do not. This has been a national trending topic as this is discussed on ESPN, Fox News, CNN, ABC, NBC, and other media outlets. The ones who do not support him claim that he is disrespecting his country, and the men and women who have fought and died for the flag.

The ones who oppose him are very adamant in their opposition; some even posting videos of them burning his jersey. My question to the ones who oppose him are why the sudden backlash on Colin Kaepernick when Donald Trump did not put his right hand over his heart? Or how they say he was disrespecting his country when Ryan Lochte lied about him getting robbed in Rio during the Olympics?

I am not surprised to be honest. Part of his protest is what is wrong with this country; hypocrisy. Let's date back to World War 2 when the country was very "patriotic". During this time white America despised Nazism for what it represented, but did not want to acknowledge or fix its race problem on black people. Not only during but after the war as well. The flag is supposed to represent freedom, but what freedom is the country supposedly fighting for? When the Declaration of Independence and beginning of the Constitution was written black people were not even thought about as they were slaves. It seems like when a person speaks on the atrocities of the United States he/she is dubbed anti-American. There are many people who oppose Colin, but praise Muhammad Ali and Jackie Robinson for their actions. Again another example of the hypocrisy of the country. They do not get the message as Jackie and Ali would have done the same. I stand with Colin Kaepernick because he is right.

People of color are oppressed, and if you do not believe me go to inner city black communities and look are their problems. Nobody is playing the victim card, and the black community is taking responsibility but it's just not the community's fault for how things are; Systematic oppression is the start of it all. I don't see how Colin is disrespecting the servicemen when the country is sending them to fight in unjust wars to take over resources. A lot of servicemen do not serve for the love of the country, they serve to obtain a better life from their previous circumstance A lot of people fail to realize is when people speak up they are scrutinized, but when they are silent they are praised.