Why I Love Shopping

Why I Love Shopping

Shopping is my happy place.
3702

Rachel Zoe, once said, "Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak." In other words, an individual can make a statement every day with what they wear, without saying a word. Fashion speaks for itself and that's what makes it so special. It gives people an added sense of confidence without even trying.

In that respect, I think that's why people love shopping so much because it is not only a way of life but there's just something about getting something new that makes them feel good and confident. Some may find it silly that clothes or materialistic things may be the key to happiness; however, it does make life more enjoyable. Without fashion, life would be boring and the world would be a sea of black and white hues with no color and no inspiration. The world of fashion and shopping allows people to have a sense of expression and establishes individuality. That's what is so great about fashion, it's bold and never the same, it's always keeping up with the times. Each person has their own personal style and that's what is so cool about fashion, a new day starts and new fashion statements are made.

This leads to one of my favorite quotes from the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic: "When I shop the world gets better, the world is better. And then it's not anymore. And I just have to do it again." Although shopping is comforting, not everything is about buying new things. Sometimes, getting sucked into this shopping cycle creates more problems for yourself and you realize that happiness equals a new pair of shoes or a new handbag. However, there is so much more to life than shopping, for example, meaningful relationships, work, family, and success. Therefore, not everything revolves around fashion and shopping.

Even though, shopping does create problems for people like getting in debt and missing out on the importance of life, it does help to stimulate the economy. Every time a person shops at a store, their sales increase and the customer in return gets a product they so desperately crave. That's how this lucrative industry works, people spend and companies need more inventory. On the contrary, in the world today people like nice things that are shiny, new, and rich-looking and as result people shop more.

In conclusion, shopping may be a great thing but there is also a bigger picture that is so much more important. In the words, of Michael Kors: "Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music." Fashion allows us to dream and makes out goals that much more in reach, however, we need to remember that there is so much to the world than shopping and buying new things.