Why Paragon is the Game you Need to Keep your Eye on

Make your mark now, help build Paragon and try the game for free today!

94
Epic Games

What is a MOBA?

You may have heard people talking about MOBA's, and you might be wondering what that means. MOBA is short for, Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, and is a sub-genre of the Real-Time Strategy genre. The game play is characterized by single unit hero strategic combat between two small teams of players, each trying to destroy the opponent's base.

Where does paragon fit?

"I enjoy the genre a lot more, but after playing those MOBA's I've found that they don't engage me the same way that Paragon has. "

Paragon is a MOBA currently being developed by Epic Games. They have a few notable titles under their belts, including Unreal Tournament, and Gears of War. Epic is no stranger to cooperative and multiplayer games. When I first started playing Paragon I was blown away, I loved the game. It was still in Alpha, and I knew this is a game I wanted to stick around in. The user base is only growing and every Tuesday there are updates to the beta to retool and help the mechanics flow more smoothly. Every three weeks, Paragon releases a new hero and the roster is beginning to come together very nicely. I have found that I have a few favorites and go to, and I've had a chance to play as each and every hero at least once. I try to make an effort to branch out on these heroes to make sure I have a broad set of skill for future updates and more competitive play. I see a lot of potential in the Esports aspect of this game. This game is already making waves in the MOBA community, and it's almost a love or hate experience for most. I have never been into a MOBA before Paragon, and I had really only dabbled in games such as League of Legends, and Smite. I enjoy the genre a lot more, but after playing those MOBA's I've found that they don't engage me the same way that Paragon has.

"When I started writing this article, everything was different and the map played differently. The newest update has moved us ever closer to the final version. I hope that we can see more big changes like this, the heroes all got a revamp, from damage, to armor changes."

Right now, Paragon has one map, and that is called the legacy map. As of 12/6/2016 Legacy will no longer be the current map and the debut of Monolith will be upon us! So far the map has been out about a week and I can say that I thoroughly enjoy the retool. The majority of my review has been based on engagements in Agora Legacy map. I do not have as much experience in the field of monolith as it was released Tuesday. I have had a chance to try this map and I have to say the game has changed. When I started writing this article, everything was different and the map played differently. The newest update has moved us ever closer to the final version. I hope that we can see more big changes like this, the heroes all got a revamp, from damage, to armor changes. The deck building system is a bit more simplified, and they have made it a new game for most. I would wager that right now is the best time to sign up. I think compared to current MOBA's Paragon is the next great game. Be on the lookout for this game when it hits shelves sometime next year. This game has been in beta since august, and the early access alpha build of the game was released last march.

In conclusion:

I have to tell you that this game is still a work in progress, but already it stands out. If you have interest in playing this title, check out the link. Paragon has been a great ride so far, and I'm all for letting these developers really listen to their players. This game has been the hard work of the testers, and early adopters. I look forward to seeing where Epic Games decides to take Paragon in the next months, with a new hero every three weeks the game always finds ways to add to itself.