Why November Should Be Every College Girl's Favorite Month

Hasta La Vista, October!

50
Unsplash

No more scary movies, costumes, and haunted houses! Say goodbye to October, because it's November, ladies! Events and special occasions make up the beauty of the fall season. Here are some of those things that help define why November is the month to love the most.

When the clock strikes midnight on October 31st, welcoming day one of November, the discussion or argument (however you see it) of the listening to Christmas music arises. I am on team Pro-Christmas music, but I do know there are people who see things differently. For those of you who think listening to Christmas music in November is “too early” I will not be able to hear your reasoning over the sound of jingle bells and the blasting of Kacey Musgraves’ Christmas album.

Here’s an obvious one, Thanksgiving. Be sure to wear those stretchy yoga pants because this is the one day out of the year where eating an entire bowl of mashed potatoes by yourself is justifiable. It is definitely a special occasion for college students like myself, due to the fact that this is usually the first time going back home since leaving for school. Being able to go back home and gather around a surplus of food with your loved ones, what could possibly be better than that?

November also has another special day, where right after a day of giving thanks we fight our way through aisles of stores looking for the biggest deals of the year. Yes, you guessed it, Black Friday. Whether you choose to participate or not, this day of the month makes November the pre-game month, setting the stage for the holidays! Buying the wrapping paper, breaking out the ugly Christmas sweaters, and setting up all the knick-knacks around the house are all part of the experience.

This month is also where the weather gets noticeably colder which means being basic rises to an all-time high. I am the first to admit that I am basic and love this time of year because wearing riding boots, flannels (variety of colors, of course), vests, and scarves with a Starbucks in hand is, one, such a cute look, and two, caffeine is a must at all times. Haters can hate.

College basketball also begins this month. College sports play an important role for both students and alumni. Being able to cheer on your team courtside, who are also your peers in the classroom, is always really cool. Also, watching six-foot-tall, good-looking guys hit three-pointers and slam dunking usually is never a bad thing either, am I right?

So, for the next 30 days, embrace listening or not listening to Christmas music, feasting, shopping, cute outfits and the beginning of basketball season. These aspects are some of many, but November will fly by and before we know it, FreeForm will start airing their “25 Days of Christmas” movie marathon!