Why Michael Scott Wants You To Sign Up for Dance Marathon

Let's face it, Michael's always having fun.

71
Cassi Pinyan

If you’ve been on UNC’s campus for at least a day you’ve probably heard people yelling all around campus about signing up for the Carolina for the Kids 24 hour Dance Marathon. There are a million reasons I think you should sign up to dance for this incredible cause but I’m not nearly as brilliant at making speeches as the great Michael Scott, so we’ll let him tell you why you should sign up For The Kids!

As college students, we are loaded with classes, midterms, papers, and reading-sometimes you just need a little dance therapy to get all of that pent up anxiety and stress out. We all know that Michael Scott loves dancing and he loves it when you dance too. Come dance out all of the stress, eat (a lot) of delicious food, and all while supporting some incredibly kids! COME DANCE NOW.

No one can fight the urge to dance when Queen B comes on (don’t lie). Come channel your inner Beyoncé/Michael Scott combo at the marathon and show off your booty shake.

IT’S ALL FOR THE KIDS! Everything we do, every email we send, every hour of our time invested into this marathon is For The Kids and their families. Michael loves kids and has an interesting view of how they could take over the government. Come make kids feel as special and loved as Michael makes Holly feel (maybe not quite that much).

In college, we never feel like we have our lives together or like we are good at much. Sometimes I go several days (re: weeks) in a row, just taking one L after the other. The great thing about the marathon is that you can come be the BOSS at dancing, even if dance like Michael. Go for it and have fun!

If you’re anything like me, people will tell you that there is no possible way you can stand up for 24 hours straight but PROVE THEM WRONG because YOU CAN DO THIS. The marathon is a great way to make new friends, learn what you’re body is actually capable of doing, and checking off a big part of the UNC Bucket List. Do that marathon manager-style and next time those haters will definitely estimate you.

Michael has given you his reasons for why you should sign up for Dance Marathon and we would love to have you! Dwight Schrute slow clap for everyone that has already signed up (means a lot coming from Dwight). For those of you that haven’t, there is still time! Sign up to dance by Friday, October 7th at 8:30pm!

Michael and the rest of Dunder Mifflin are so excited that so many people are dedicating their time to stand For The Kids!