Why I Joined The Odyssey Online

Why I Joined The Odyssey Online

I joined the odyssey online for many great reasons, and you should as well.

5
Why I Joined The Odyssey Online
Pixel.com

About two months ago, I was asked to be a content creator for the new Stillwater Odyssey Online Community. A month earlier I had lost the love of my life the OSU Student Government Assocation. I had lost an election which basically meant I could not longer be in SGA. I was upset, sad, and depressed about the fact that all I had worked on to make OSU better for students was basically worthless to my peers. So when my future Editor in Chief contacted me I was thrilled. I had always seen Odyssey Online articles and I loved reading them. When I started to learn more about what the Odyssey was about I fell in love.

Years ago, I created a communication strategy called a top down- up down strategy. Basically, this strategy is that you as a CEO communicate with your lowest employees in some way and this allows the lowest employees to communicate openly with you. This creates a better environment for everyone and allows trust and transparency in any organization. The Odyssey gives their writers the power to choose what to write about. We are not told what to write and we are not graded on our content. This is the closest communication strategy that comes close to my own. When I found at that I could write about anything I just had to say yes, sign me up.

Currently, Odyssey has 12,000 content creators, 1000 local communities,50,000 articles published monthly, only 120 full time employees, and over 30 million unique monthly viewers. The fact that this company is only a few years old and has those amazing statistics shows you that what they are doing is right. They are changing the course of social media, news, and community.

Odyssey stresses giving content creators a voice. Specifically, we give the millennial generation a voice. Our generation is given a bad name, but a social platform that allows us to express our opinions for the world to read makes our lives better. Learning to write about your feelings in a professional manner is great for your resume. Corporations are looking for strong communication skills. If you as a student or worker can show that you know how to communicate with others, then you are more likely to be hired.

Shortly after a month, I become the Community Recruiter for the Stillwater area. I loved this aspect because I get to search for talented writers and invite them to join us on this great adventure. I love social media and love searching for talented people from all sorts of backgrounds. This allows me to empower our generation by encouraging people to be something more.

The reason I wrote this article, was because I felt the need to express how awesome the Odyssey is. If you want to join a great organization that allows you to express yourself and you are looking for a great resume builder, look no further. The Odyssey is the place to be and the community you choose to join will be your home.