The Wisco Love List

The Wisco Love List

Why it's perfectly acceptable to love Wisconsin even if you've never been there

38
The Wisco Love List
Zazzle

There are a lot of wonderful places in the world. National parks, Wonders of the World, Ancient Cities, and Contemporary Metropoles are astounding. But there's something extra special about a place like Wisconsin that can feel like home, even if you've never actually been there. Wisco has given the world so many unique and beautiful things. It's time to appreciate everything that Wisconsinites take pride in and join in on the love for the great state of Wisconsin.

Beer

With one of the highest bar to resident ratios in the United States, it's no surprise that beer makes the top of the Wisco Love list. Wisconsinites show the rest of us what it means to chill- drink. Whether you like drinking or not, you can't deny that Wisconsin's commitment to high quality beer is admirable.

Cheese

There's a reason Wisconsinite and cheesehead are synonyms. One taste of Wisconsin cheese curds and you'll be ready to move to America's Dairyland. Luckily, Wisconsin also brought Culver's into the World. It's a little bit of Wisco in your own back yard (if you're lucky enough to have one in your home state).

Coffee Shops and Large Breakfasts

Middle-of-the-woods coffee shops that are currently hipster in the rest of the world have always been around in Wisconsin. Plus those coffee shops serve heaping breakfasts, which Wisconsinites also appreciate. Sharing a love for eating multitudes of breakfast food sounds like a good reason to appreciate Wisconsin to me!

Wisconsin is home to two of the best sports teams in the country, the Packers and the Badgers (no bias here!) As one Wisconsinite exclaimed, "Who doesn't love a connection to Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson?" Plus, with Bucky's rockin' varsity sweater and two consecutive University of Wisconsin Badger appearances in the Final Four, The Badger State makes us all wish we were cheeseheads.

Nature

No, it's not always snowing in Wisconsin. In fact, all four seasons look beautiful in the rolling terrain of Wisconsin. From the lakes and going "up North" to vibrant downtown Madison, Wisco's unique landscape is a must-love, even if only seen in pictures.

Wisco Pride

If you ever meet someone from Wisconsin, you'll likely know within a few minutes of conversation. Those that have had the privilege of living in Wisconsin never want to leave. The pride that Wisconsinites share is unmatched by people from any other state. We all stand to learn a lesson of loyalty from Wisconsin!

People

Wisconsinites are the nicest and most resilient people you will ever meet. Smiling always and showing solidarity through cold winters, Wisconsinites set themselves apart from the rest of the country's population. Whether they are natives of the state, went to college there, or are just Wisconsin lovers at heart, everyone recognizes the friendliness and love that radiates from Wisconsinites. For this joy and the other marvels that Wisco has introduced to the world, we should all be eternally grateful. Thanks Wisconsin!

Special thanks to my beautiful Wisconsinite friends Michaela, Paige, Tara, Lauren, and Sarah for their insights on this article.