Why It's Important To Take Risks

I used to be the type of person who planned everything out ahead of time, and I would become very stressed when something didn’t go the way I thought it would. It wasn’t until the end of my senior year of high school that I came to realize that being spontaneous is much better than having a step-by-step plan for everything. I’ve changed a lot when it comes to the way I live my life. Now, I am much more comfortable with last-minute changes in plans!

When you take risks, you are putting yourself outside of your comfort zone. You’re allowing yourself to be vulnerable with the the hope that the overall outcome is positive. I believe that life is too short to be afraid to take chances. As soon as I allowed myself to take risks, the quality of my life increased greatly.

It’s important to take risks, because if you don’t, you’ll always have the feeling that you missed out. There is a saying that goes, “I would rather have an ‘Oops,’ than a ‘What if?’” and I think that it fits this idea perfectly.The goal is to be able to look back and reflect on all of your experiences and know that there wasn’t a thing you missed out on. In addition, taking risks can lead to a boost of self confidence. You’ll be more sure of who you are and what you do and don’t like.

Being a risk taker most importantly teaches lessons that couldn’t be learned elsewhere. Not every chance that you take is going to have a positive outcome, and that’s okay. There will be times when you fail, but you can learn from your mistakes and continue on. As humans, we need change and growth in our lives. Without these things, we get bored. If we’re bored, we’re never going to be happy. This is exactly why it’s important to be spontaneous and take risks.

If I had one piece of advice, it would be to take more chances. Travel down an unknown road. You may get lost and find nothing, or you might even discover something extraordinary. Put your heart on the line and tell someone how you feel. They may reciprocate feelings or they might possibly shatter any hope that you once possessed. Try something new, break the rules and live life on the edge. Not only will you feel much more satisfied, but you’ll also have some pretty amazing stories to tell. Take risks and put yourself out there, because in my opinion, anything is better than always wondering ‘what if?'