Why I'm Single And Perfectly Happy

Why I'm Single And Perfectly Happy

I'm Tired of Feeling Pressured by Societies Standards.
8

I'm twenty-one and I'm as single as a pringle. In fact, I've never been in a relationship or even on a date.

Yes, I'm a senior in College and I've never reached this societal "milestone." I tell you this, not because I want your pity, but rather, because I'm fed up with the pressure that society has placed upon me to "get a move on." I'm tired of being asked the same old questions.

"So, any prospects?"

"Is there anyone you're interested in?"

"Is anyone interested in you?"

"Why are you still single?"

I'm tired of being unable to answer them. I promise, I'm not single because I wish to be. I wouldn't mind sharing my experiences and adventures with someone, someday. But, it just hasn't happened yet. I have a dream of hitting this societal "milestone" eventually. But in all honesty, I've been single for so long that I've finally found contentment in it. I'm happy with where God has me and I'll trust His timing until He shows or tells me otherwise. And these questions you all ask of me aren't bad. But, when they are constantly asked, with an immense amount of pressure attached, it just becomes too much. I'm done with answering them. So, please stop asking.

I'm the girl who was never asked to a high school dance, I've never been pursued by a guy, I've never been on a date, and shocker, I've never been kissed. But, this isn't bad. In fact, contrary to what society tells us all, a lot of young women are in the same boat as me. So, to every young women who feels as if she's missed the mark, please cut yourself some slack. You are not a lost cause. Trust God. Because, He shares His love with all who trust in Him. Also, please don't settle. Don't settle because you feel pressured by the timeline society has set for you. But rather, be patinet and wait for a guy who pursues you 'like a dying man in a desert, desperate for water.'

Lastly, to the rest of society, would you please look at the standards who've set. Because, some adjustments surely need to be made.