5 Reasons You Should Travel With Your Partner

5 Reasons Traveling With Your Partner Is The Best

Sometimes two is better than one.

122

Let me just start by saying there is nothing wrong with traveling by yourself. Some people actually prefer to go places on their own. I've even traveled by myself in the past, and everything went fine. Sometimes, traveling alone can raise anxiety for some, and it doesn't seem as enjoyable. With someone else to travel with, not only do you have someone to talk about the experiences with, but the memories in a group of more than one are even better.

Here is a list of a few things that can make traveling with a partner a great experience.

1. You can both decide what to do and see.

Although my traveling partner mostly makes all of the arrangements for me, we're both involved in deciding where we go, and what we do on our adventure. Once a location has been selected to explore, the fun part begins in deciding what to do in that town or city.

2. You share the financial responsibility.

Traveling can be quite expensive depending on where you go. If you travel on your own, you carry the burden of the entire bill. That's fine if you have enough money stashed away, but why not bring along someone to help with expenses. To save money, you can share a hotel room, car rental, gas and food expenses, and sometimes on group discount tickets. With a good plan in place, this can save you a lot of money.

3. You have someone to share your stories with.

If you're like me, you have to take a lot of photos to remember anything. Having someone to tag along on adventures is a bonus with refreshing those memories. It's also nice to have that person with you when you talk to other people about what you did. If you forget something, they can back you up, and fill in the gaps.

4. You're in sync with plans and scheduling.

Unless you've chosen the wrong group of people to travel with, being on the same page when you're out and about can be amazing. This can include what places to eat, how long to stay in a place, and what time you should get up or go to bed.

5. They can give you that encouragement to try new things or to keep going.

Let's say you're tired and ready to go, but your partner isn't. That can be annoying, but most of the time beneficial when it's all said and done. Sometimes the best memories come from that extra hour or so of the day exploring. If not, you would've spent that time in the hotel room had they not encouraged you. Having someone rooting you on to try something new can leave a lasting impression on your experience. This can include trying a new dish, or something risky that you would never have done on your own.

So, if you're thinking about abandoning the solo trip and bringing a partner or a few people with you, the benefits can outweigh the negatives. I'll always prefer to have someone tag along with me when I go out adventuring. It's a big world, why not share it with someone.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.