Why Halloween Is The Best Holiday

Why Halloween Is The Best Holiday

When witches go riding and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers 'tis near Halloween

24
Why Halloween Is The Best Holiday

I am one of those rare people who is afraid of scary movies and haunted things because they make me jump out of my skin, yet Halloween is my favorite holiday. I cannot sit through a scary movie without holding my eyes shut the whole time, letting out frequent screams and holding onto someone for dear life even if it's someone I don’t know. However, I am the first one to volunteer to go to a haunted house and a creepy abandoned insane asylum during the Halloween month. I am sure I am not the only one, and I will forever be in love with the Halloween season and the pure joy it actually brings. Here is why Halloween is the best holiday.

1. Haunted houses.

When is there ever another time where you can pay to crap in your pants out of pure terror. The answer is never; only during Halloween. It’s awesome because subconsciously you know it is all fake so that is a comfort but the adrenaline rush and how awesome the sets are put together truly intrigue you to go back every year. Of course, there are always those competitions as to which haunted house was the scariest as well between you and your friends.

2. Basic white girl season.

This is the time of year that everyone calls “basic” because everyone seems to be in love with the pumpkin lattes and taking pictures in a pumpkin patch with their significant others. Let's not forget all the apples. I do not personally understand why that is so basic because let's be honest, all those things are amazing and I, for one, am proud to love this time of year and I guess therefore be basic.

3. Pumpkin carving.

The true question is who even came up with pumpkin carving in the first place. Whoever it is–props to you because it's kind of awesome. Who doesn’t love first going and getting the perfect deformed pumpkin among all the pumpkins in the patch, and then bringing it home to carve. You can be as creative as you want and make whatever design you want on it. That’s so cool to me. Then you light it up for the whole world, actually just your neighborhood, to see. I have seen some pretty cool designs and I always wonder how they were mad.

4. Drinks and food.

Let's be honest–during Halloween has the best drinks and food of all time. I am a lover of apple cider (hot or cold) it is pretty amazing either way. There is also pumpkin beer that is a favorite along with the white girl favorite pumpkin coffee types. There is also pumpkin pie that during this time can be home made. If truth be told there is pumpkin everything around the time of Halloween. Either way, they are all pretty awesome and make this time of year even more special.

5. Date nights.

We all know that as winter is coming it is what we like to call cuffing season. That means that everyone starts to get in a relationship because its cold so cuddling is a must, plus all the date night activities available. There are "Netflix and chill" dates galore considering all the movies on TV for Halloween along with the basic apple picking date. And let's not forget the haunted house date where the girl hangs onto the guy for dear life causing the connection to be even stronger it seems. There are so many date options during this holiday it's hard to just choose one.

6. Movies and TV shows.

During Halloween, I know I am not the only one who thinks this. There are the best movies on TV. On abc family there is "13 nights of Halloween" where they play the best Halloween movies everyday until October 31. Also, let us all pay tribute to the awesome Disney Channel movies, and yes I am talking about Halloweentown and Twitches. "American Horror Story" also starts during Halloween, and I know that show is popular. These are the best things on TV and it only comes once a year and I know every night I am tuning into those shows and movies.

7. 21 and up.

For all those of age, Halloween time is the best for the bars and major parties. There are huge parties in NYC and Hoboken throughout the days of Halloween along with awesome bar crawls and, of course, costume contests at all events. Bar towns such as the lovely Morristown, will celebrate as well–we all know Iron Bar and Darkhorse will be having Halloween nights. This being my first Halloween when I am 21, I could not be more excited to go to everything and anything I can.

8. Costumes.

Every year picking out a Halloween costume is such an exciting thing. I know personally when I was younger I spent weeks picking out what I wanted to be and now me and all my friends spend the same amount of time picking out outfits to coordinate together. As you get older the better costumes are always do-it-yourself that look really good together and that makes things interesting when it comes to costume contests.

9. Fall clothing and weather.

October is the beginning of fall weather and those clothes we all love to wear. Girls start to wear leggings with boots and sweaters. And the weather is not too cold and not to hot at this point in time so it seems to be perfect, along with the beautiful scenery with the colorful leaves everywhere.

All these things contribute to Halloween being the best holiday, no matter how under rated people like to make it. I am the first person to be afraid of scary things, including the dark, but I am also the first in line at Dorney Park Haunt. I am not a pumpkin lover when it comes to food, but I am the first at the pumpkin patch picking out the pumpkin that is most deformed because I feel that no one else would take it home. I am at home with my family carving my pumpkin into a cute face because my brother already has the scary face down, and eating the pumpkin seeds fresh from the oven. I am sitting there every night watching the Halloween movies on TV and thinking of how I am going to make my costume this year. I know I am not the only one that feels this way about Halloween and I know that many people will agree that Halloween is the best holiday!!

From Your Site Articles