Why Feminism Is The Worst

Why Feminism Is The Worst

Feminism is the concept that women should be treated equally to men financially, socially, and in all other aspects of life. Feminism means equal pay and basic human rights for everyone, despite gender. So why is it that, when most people hear the word feminism, they cringe and avoid the conversation? Our generation has made this concept into a misguided "hate" for men. If you're a feminist, you hate men, because let's be honest, they are the reason behind every problem ever. Right? If you're a feminist, you never shave your legs, because as a woman, you shouldn't be confined to society's idea that you have to have silky smooth skin 24/7.

Feminism is a prime example of society blindly believing in the stereotypes it has created. One woman, at one point in time, went all crazy and told the world that she is a feminist because she thinks women are better than men, and BAM: feminism equals hating all men. So, let's get all these feminist ideas straight.

Feminism is the worst because who wants equal pay?

This one is about as obvious as it gets. If I'm doing the same job as a man, why would I only make 80 cents for every dollar he makes? That's just unfair.

Feminism is the worst because I would never want a feminine boyfriend. Ew, he's not 100 percent masculine, get him away from me.

This Twitter account misspells "feminism" in every tweet.

First of all, any woman thinks that feminism will make men more feminine is just wrong. A man can be anything he wants, just like women can. That's what we're fighting for, is it not? Any woman afraid of a man showing his soft side can find the manliest, most anti-feminist man out there, and they can live their falsely informed anti-feminist lives together.

Feminism is the worst because I actually want a man to treat me like a princess.

There's a difference between being a proper gentleman and being misogynistic. If a man wants to open a door for me, I'm not going to cry out in rebellion because I am a perfectly capable woman. Rather, I will thank him and respect the fact this his parents taught him how to properly respect a woman. Also, if he doesn't open the door for me, I'm not going to cry myself to sleep because "chivalry is dead." A man can treat me with respect in many different ways, this may or may not be one of those ways.

This is like the idea that men always have to pay. Equality. A feminist will gladly pay for a date and will gladly let him take the bill as well. There is no reason why a guy should be paying for everything, that's completely unfair.

Feminism is the worst because all it's about is hating men.

Anyone who considers themselves a feminist and then turns to hate on men is the exact opposite of a feminist. Misandry is just as bad as misogyny. Hating on men is not feminism, it's false feminism.

Feminism is the worst because by wearing that, she's obviously "asking" for it.

Society today does nothing but sexualize a woman's body. When a woman is raped, she is asked, "what were you wearing?" Well, to be honest, that's completely irrelevant. A person can wear whatever they want: no one ever asks to be taken advantage of and sexually assaulted. When men are raped or sexually assaulted, they are never asked "what were you wearing?" because their bodies are not completely sexualized in today's society. I think the worst part is that when men are sexually assaulted, most of the time, the case will be ignored or not considered as important.

Feminism is the worst because my shoulders are way too sexual without proper coverage.

Let's talk about dress code. Completely targeted and enforced only toward girls. We don't hear, "Wait, sir, your shorts need to be at least three inches longer." Why on earth are young girls meant to cover up their bodies because boys will be "distracted" by it? No. Just no. We begin to sexualize women from such an early age by telling them that what they are wearing is too provocative simply because their shoulders are showing or because a girl's skirt is above her knee. This is where everything goes wrong. Women are being taken away from their education because what they are wearing is taking away from a man's education.

Feminism is the worst because I would much rather the State make all of the decisions about my body.

I mean, who doesn't want a bunch of old white men deciding what women can and cannot do with their bodies? Think about it like this: are you pro-life? If you answered yes, then I completely respect you. But this is what many with this view do not understand: I do not care if you are pro-life or pro-choice, your personal opinions on the situation should have no connection to what another woman can and cannot do with her body. Anyone who is pro-life will not have an abortion, and that's great for a person with that point of view. A woman should always be able to decide what decision is best for her, her life, and her body. End of story.

Our generation needs feminism because it so proudly works to create equality for all, no matter what gender a person be. Despite everyone who says you don't need feminism, oh, they're so wrong. You need feminism. What you don't need is this terrible misinterpretation that has unfortunately grown with the word. Let's end the idea that we don't need feminism or that feminism isn't something you should support, because equality is always something you should support.

Saying you don't need feminism is like saying you don't need basic human rights, and everyone needs and deserves that. What you don't need is false feminism, so let's get back to equality.