Why I Fall For Fall Every Year

Why I Fall For Fall Every Year

Every year when October comes, around my heart skips a beat and here is why.

91
Why I Fall For Fall Every Year
unsplash.com

Growing up in Georgia, I was able to witness some of the most beautiful fall seasons! From the trees around the Chattahoochee river, to the colorful mountains and redneck pumpkin patches, here are a few of the reasons why I absolutely love fall!!

1. The leaves

If you’ve only experienced fall in Miami or somewhere where the leaves don’t change colors, I would highly recommend going somewhere such as Georgia or Alabama to see the beautiful autumn colors that fill the trees! And when the leaves fall... well that brings me to my next point.

2. Jumping in piles of leaves

Whether you’re two years old or 16 nothing beats the rush of jumping in a big pile of leaves (especially if your brother was making the pile for over an hour but then you remembered that one time he broke one of your Polly Pockets). Later you end up finding leaves in places you didn't think leaves could reach.

3. The crisp air

Yeah, summer is great but sweating can get very annoying very quickly, which is another reason why I love, love, love, love fall! Along with the leaves starting to change so does the weather. It’s not too cold that you can’t be outside or need a heavy jacket but it’s perfect to just be in jeans and a light sweater and not sweat at all!

4. The clothes

Sweaters and boots are all you need and you’re covered for fall. With colors like burgundy or olive green capturing the spirit of fall you’re all set for a nice day with friends and even cuter pics!

5. HALLOWEEN

Besides my birthday (which is also in fall) Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year! The decorations, haunted houses, and costumes make this holiday come alive. Whether you’re going trick-or-treating or going to a costume party nothing beats the rush of putting together a bomb costume and getting compliments on something you worked hard on. Back home I would decorate the house with ghosts, fake mice and spiders and fill the outside with posters and orange spider webs; however, this year being my first Halloween away from home my amazing mom sent me a box filled with decorations for my dorm! (Yeah I’m “that” person) And did I mention, THE FREE CANDY?!

6. Pumpkin patches!

This is when the cute clothes, perfect weather, and Halloween all come together! You go to some random farm or a giant field filled with pumpkins, games, hay rides and even a corn maze (if you’re lucky) and take cute pictures and pick out pumpkins to carve with your friends!

7. Pumpkin carving

After picking out the perfect pumpkin you bring it home and chose a design, last year for my 18th birthday I invited my whole team to my house for a Halloween themed birthday (yeah I know, I’m old) and we all carved our pumpkins! You can go with the classic Jack Lantern face, or even be super intricate and get amazing designs! Either way, it’s so much fun and then you can mess with the guts and make food out of the inside of the pumpkins!

8. Haunted houses

Honestly, I’m all talk. I love scary movies and anything creepy but haunted houses are a hit or miss. But if you’re looking for something to do around the spookiest time of the year then I would highly suggest haunted house with you and some friends! But if that’s not for you, I would watch this video from Ellen DeGeneres’ show where she sends one of her producers to a haunted house (10/10 would recommend).

9. Thanksgiving

Besides Halloween, fall happens to have one of my favorite holidays (honestly any holiday with food I love) and that is Thanksgiving! There’s just something indescribable about being with friends and family and stuffing your face and bellies with amazing food!

10. Fall means... HOLIDAYS ARE COMING

Hanukah, Christmas, Kwanza! The best thing about the holidays, personally, are the decorations. Twinkly lights everywhere, wreaths on doors, menorahs on windows, not to be dramatic or anything BUT IT'S TRULY MAGICAL!!

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!