16 Times Tomodachi Life Made Me Laugh

16 Times Tomodachi Life Made Me Laugh

The joys of being in charge of an island full of fictional characters

183
16 Times Tomodachi Life Made Me Laugh

For those of you unfamiliar with the game, Tomodachi Life is a little simulator in which you are in charge of a island, your primary responsibility being to keep the residents happy. With Nintendo's trademark adorable quirkiness, there's always something to make you smile. Since you can populate the island with whatever digital people (Miis) you choose, my island is full of characters from books and movies.

And now, let me show you some of my favorite parts of Tomodachi Life. I must warn you, there are lots of weird situations. Just roll with it!

1. The game basically quoted the real-life me...

They started early this year, too. I was bitten in March.

2. ...And my sister, as well.

Jane, my 9-year-old sister, has this to say: "I really love soccer and I want to play it when I grow up and I play it every week."

3. Miis give you advice on hygiene.

Well, this actually makes sense if you want to make extra-sure that your hands are clean. I avoid hand sanitizer like the plague.

4. They also tell you how to be brave.

Spiders give me the heebie-jeebies, so I kind of have to agree.

5. The game knows which computers are the best.

If you can't read my scribbled handwriting, it says "Mac" on the left, with the overwhelming majority of votes, and "Windows" on the right, where hardly anyone is.

6. The characters describe how I feel about school sometimes.

I'm a procrastinator; what more can I say?

7. They share deep thoughts, kind of.

I still haven't decided whether comparing love to French fries is really weird or totally brilliant.

8. Happiness is defined.

I think my mom would agree

9. The game knows about good food.

Actually, now I'm feeling hungry again, just thinking about Thai food.

10. It's so relatable when the Fernweh hits.

I may be a homebody, but I still love to travel!

11. Here's Anakin Skywalker's ego in a nutshell.

Yes, I have a lot of Star Wars characters on my island, and this is Anakin.

12. The definition of "comfort" is spot-on!

Um, YES!

13. Sometimes I wish I could be as carefree as the Mii characters.

Well, whatever floats your boat...

14. Everybody has random conversations.

No comment.

15. The food descriptions are the best!

I had to include both, they just tickled me!

16. The relationships are often surprising.

On an island populated by characters from pop culture, entertaining situations ensue. The Miis can get married, but the couples are often surprising. Sometimes it works the way you want it to, like in the first picture—Ron and Hermione got married. Other times, the couples are rather unexpected, as in the second picture, which is Elsa and Kristoff's wedding.