4 Reasons Why Every American Should Own A Gun

We must protect ourselves from the zombies somehow, right?
2922

According, to the Pew Research Center, 1/3 of all American homes with children under 18 have guns in their household. I don't know about you, but that definitely makes me feel safe, knowing how many kids have access to firearms. In addition to children, we should all be locked and loaded. Here are some reasons why I think every American citizen should own a gun.

1. So we can be properly prepared to fight alongside our local militia in a minute’s notice.

The Second Amendment was included by our founding fathers so we would be able to protect ourselves from Native American attacks and slave rebellions. Definitely a major problem we see in society today, right?

2. So we can protect ourselves from mass shooters.

Wrong answer. According to the Violence Policy Center’s study analyzing self-defense with guns, less than 1% of intended victims in violent crimes used a gun to protect themselves. In a country with over 300 million firearms.

3. It's our constitutional right.

Yep, apparently even for people on the no-fly list! According to "The Washington Post," in just 10 years 2,043 people on the terror watch list were able to buy guns in the United States - and 91% of them tried to.

4. So we can live through the zombie apocalypse.

We never know when they’re going to come, but it’s scientifically proven that zombies can’t withstand bullets.

Something needs to be done about the gun problem we are seeing in America, with 355 mass shootings in just the past year. I’m not a politician, nor am I a lobbyist; I’m merely a millennial living in a violent country who's scared for her future.