Stop Wishing Your Life Away Before You Unknowingly Wish Your Life Away

Learn to love Monday just as much as you love Saturday.

167
Instagram

“Stop waiting. For Friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with you, for life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now.” -Anonymous

I used to claim that I lived by this quote. I used to say I lived in the moment and that I had a perfect grip of this life and I new exactly what I was doing. Spoiler alert: I didn’t or maybe I still don’t.

Starting college, I couldn’t wait for my first class to be over. Then, I couldn’t wait till it was the end of the day. I found myself soon wishing it was my “easy day.”

Eventually, I was hoping for Friday and dreading Sunday. But why?

Yeah, schools hard, life can be trying, but why was I wishing away every moment of my life? The worst part is, I didn’t even realize it.

I’d advise my friends to live in the moment and stay positive. How hypocritical of me as I was doing the exact opposite. And nobody told me.

News flash, Bailey, nobody should have to tell you to enjoy your life. Right.

How did I become this way? Was I always like this?

It was bringing me down and making me miserable. I was wishing my moments of life away right in front of my eyes.

I was afraid I was rubbing off on people and my negativity was spiraling out of control.

I see people passing away and others losing abilities to function in daily life even though they wanted their life so badly, and here I was wishing I didn’t have the privilege to attend class or wake up in the morning.

You may be doing the same without realizing it. Because I was for years.

It was time for a change. No more wishing away time and no more negativity. Now is the time to embrace your minutes, your mornings, your hard days, your easy days.

They are a part of your beautiful life. There is no good in wishing those amazing moments away. You’re meeting new people and making huge advances in life.

If it’s a hard class, chances are it’s no longer than three hours at most. You can do it for three hours. If it’s a hard day, call up your favorite person to hear something good. If it’s a bad morning,

grab your favorite breakfast. Get ready to face the day head-on. All of the things you were wishing away can be made into some of your new favorite activities.

Find the good. Instead of saying or reacting negatively, replace those thoughts with something positive. Remind yourself of your end goals and how you are benefiting from that very moment.

I found the good. Now I can eagerly and wholeheartedly say that I enjoy my life.

I love my hard days and my easy days just as much. I’m benefiting greatly from the tasks that I may not be as excited to do.

Don’t stop. Don’t wish away your time spent here. Love Monday just as much as you love Saturday and find a reason to do so.

Life is so much better when you really live in the moment instead of just saying it.

Love your life. Love your life so much that you can’t find a reason as to why you ever thought you hated it. Never wait again. Do it.