Why Does God Deserve Our Glory?

Why Does God Deserve Our Glory?

Why does a God as unfathomable as Him long for me to glorify Him?

1259
Why Does God Deserve Our Glory?
Kya Elkin

I don’t know how many people honestly think about how completely indescribable our God is. God is so intricate and unfathomable that words cannot begin to relay the amount of depth and power He has. God is so much more than the creator of the earth or the being that condemns sinners or the one who gives the righteous hope. God is...well God is too incredible for me to even begin to describe in any reasonable amount of words. But the question that causes me grief and creates within me a guilt beyond reason is why does a God as indescribable and infinite as ours long and desire for us to give him glory? Why, in his infinite power and wisdom, did He create us to autonomously worship Him? Why does he want me to give Him glory, when He doesn't even need me?

Because He loves me. Because He wants me to be His. Because He created me from scratch. Because He sees in me something I do not. Because He is glory, He wants us to give him all our glory. He created within us the ability to chose who and how we wanted to serve Him, not because we are all right in how we worship and give praise to our creator, but because He wants us to WANT to serve Him. God desires us to WANT to give all our glory to him, He longs for us to WANT to lay down our life for him, and He WANTS us to give Him the glory.

We find it all too simple to give all our attention to things and people who we think will make us happy or give us the piece that is missing in the puzzle of our lives, but the truth is most of the time our puzzle is missing God. We far too often come up with excuses about why this or that is okay, but in all reality it's not. We place the bar too low and assume that because God is love we will squeak by in the end. But this, my friends, sadly is not true, according to Matthew 7:21. God has given us the free will to either dedicate our lives to Him, be lukewarm, or totally disown Him all together.

The truth is God doesn't need us. He doesn't need any of us, but He loves us so much more than we can fathom, and so much so that even though He knew we would sin and stumble and fall, He still gave us a chance. Even though He knew we would never give Him the glory He deserves, He still created us in HIS image, in hopes that we might radiate Him in all we do. God is not able to be defined by earthly vocabulary, but my God deserves every ounce of my time. I fail everyday, but everyday He picks me up and says, “Hey it's alright, tomorrow is another day.” Today as we are given the gift of another day let us look for all the good and all the ways God deserves our glory. We are going to sin and fail and feel as if we can never be all He wants us to be, but He is standing there picking us up every time Satan knocks us down. Give Him Glory, because without Him, hope, light, beauty, love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, purity, unity, zeal, adoration, compassion, encouragement, and ALL the good in life would never have even been created. He deserves our glory.