Why My Dad Is My Favorite Guy

Why My Dad Is My Favorite Guy

Dad, you're really the best.

3

My dad is a shining example of what a genuine person is. He has worked since he was 15 to create such a wonderful life for my brother and me. I truly don’t think “thank you” could ever cover all the work and sacrifices. But, here’s to you, dad.

Thank you for leading me to church

Ever since I could remember, church has always been a big part of my life. Although we were always given a choice in our faith, I’m thankful for having such a shining example of what it’s like to put God first and all else falls into place.

Thank you for adventuring with me

From fishing in Matagorda Bay to road trips to hunting on Texas leases to hiking through Kauai Mountains, you’re always my adventure buddy. Thank you for always pushing me out of my comfort zone and to enjoy life.

Thank you for supporting me

Regardless of if it’s school, academics or a hobby, you’ve always had my back and pushed me to do more. Also, thank you for doing daddy-daughter dances with me (even though dancing definitely isn't your thing).

Thank you for teaching me hard work

Growing up in a poor, small town, you didn’t have much. The year I was born, you dropped everything and started his own company to help provide a great life for both my brother and me. You are such an example of work and commitment.

Thank you for showing me how a father should treat his kids

My dad is a man of very few words, but every word that comes out of his mouth is genuine. If my future husband treats my kids the way he treats us, I know I will have an excellent role model for my children.

Thank you for fixing everything I break

I mean that literally. I break a lot of things and you’re Mr. Fix-it. After countless room paintings, DIY projects, and built projects, I’m convinced there’s nothing you can’t do.

Thank you for your sacrifices

After 19 years of working everyday to better yourself and your company for us, I cannot thank you enough. You still give your all everyday and I strive to have your work ethic.

Thank you for your humor

Although most of the time you’re the only one laughing, I appreciate your lame dad jokes everyday. Thank you for making my humor more lame while making life more fun.

Love always,

Your little girl