Why Cuffing Season Sucks

Why Cuffing Season Sucks

Just because it's the holidays doesn't mean you have to rush to find someone to bring home to mom and dad.

299
Why Cuffing Season Sucks
https://pixabay.com/en/people-man-woman-couple-happy-2589047/

If you don't know what cuffing season is, you're lucky, but you should keep reading just to see what us young folk have to deal with.

Cuffing season is basically a time of the year where all us single people start feeling like there's a deadline to find someone and that deadline is right now. For some odd reason, we feel this immense pressure to bring someone home for the holidays or just to be able to answer that annoying question of "hey do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend" with a yes. Of course, this always occurs during the holiday season which sucks if you love the holidays but then getting asked that question every single year is a real buzz kill.

There's really no rush for relationships, yet November hits and suddenly we all feel the need to jump into things to have someone. The way I see it, cuffing season is ridiculous. There's no set time or date you have to have someone by. When something is right you'll both know and it'll just naturally happen with time.

It's crazy because you'll find someone you find one thing in common with and boom you start thinking about dating them. It's so easy to find people you can talk to but it's really hard to find those genuine connections and I promise you that by rushing into things you won't really know if it's genuine or just about the need to cuff.

Every relationship, if you even want to call it that, that I've had was rushed and never amounted to anything big. Why? For the simple fact that I'm a person who isn't really hard to get along with and I just mistake getting along with someone as me being attracted or connecting with them.

So ladies and gents, stop desperately looking for someone just to fill that void and I promise you when the time is right someone great will come into your life. Or maybe they're already in your life but you're just not ready to see that yet and that's okay too. Take time and when you're ready, you'll know. Fight cuffing season away, there's literally no rush to find someone.