Why Communicating Your Thoughts And Feelings Will Save Any Friendship

Communiction is key, guys!

250

So, I am not the type of person to let things that bother me go. Usually, I am very direct and blunt with what is wrong to easier get to a conclusion, to the point where sometimes the conclusion is that the friendship is over.

However, if they mean enough to me, I try to spare the feelings of my friends in order for them to enjoy whatever it is that I am upset about.

To say the least, my big mouth literally has ruined a lot of my friendships in the past, and I have had a rough couple of years when it has come to learning what friendship really is. I have lost a lot of friends to arguments that could have been avoided if I had just had a healthy conversation with them and had come to a mutual understanding.

In reality, though, those relationships were terrible to begin with, and I probably sped up the inevitable, anyway.

Communicating with your friends is so important. You need to know what is bothering them to better improve your relationship and to fix it sooner. They need to know your side so that you can better understand each other and get on the same page as to how you feel about a particular scenario.

You need to make sure your friendship is worth communicating about and that you always have honesty, so that each of you knows exactly how the other feels about something.

There are always multiple sides to every story, so it's important to make sure you understand that everyone will have a different reaction to the same scenario. Make your opinion heard in healthy discussion, and don't bottle it up and release it in a fight.

Keep your friends if they are important to you, and drop the ones that don’t deserve you.