Why I Chose to Let Him Go

Why I Chose to Let Him Go

Let go and let God

61
Why I Chose to Let Him Go
SariyaJasmene

There is a saying if you love someone, set them free; if they come back to you it was meant to be.Letting go of the person you love is one of the hardest things to do especially when you both are still madly in love. The thing is, when you date at such a young age, you aren’t the person you will be five years from now. God taught me that you have to find yourself before you can find each other. I feel as though you just have to let go and let God.

I started dating this guy when we were both in high school.The memories I made with him will always be cherished. As we grew older and graduated, I realized I was so focused on our relationship that I was letting myself go. I had been hurt by so many men in my past that once I found this one, I never wanted to let him go. He showed me life through his eyes. He brought me closer to God, and made me realize my self-worth. I couldn’t have asked for a better man. I was so focused on keeping our relationship healthy that my life was not staying healthy. I was not progressing in school, my diet, and I was not living my dreams. Life is so short and time was moving by so fast. I had dreams to travel the world, to get a degree, and to become a singer. I had so many dreams being left on the side lines because of the relationship I was in. I was happy, and I loved him but in my heart I knew leaving him was going to be the best thing I could ever do for myself.

Once we decided to just let it go it was as if a huge burden was taken off of me. I cried, and felt emotionally distraught but after the tears, and coming to the realization that God had so much more in store for me, excitement filled my body. Life throws punches at you, and all you can do is make the best out of them. I felt like I needed to become the person I am supposed to be, and he needed to figure out who he is supposed to be, and if those two people fall madly in love all over again in the future, I wouldn’t let it go for anything in this world. I love him so much but he was holding me back. I can honestly say he was the best thing that has ever happened to me. He has shown me how to love, and now even though we will be hundreds of miles away, our love for each other will never die. Even though he is now just a friend, I know that no matter what happens God will provide. Thank you for helping me let go and let God. As we grow mentally, physically, and spiritually I can’t wait to see what is in store. I hope you all now realize the importance of finding yourself before you find each other.