Why It's Okay To Change Your Mind

It is never too late to make a change in your life.

We always hear stories about people's mothers, aunts, grandmothers and elders returning to school or taking a change in what they are doing.

My mother went back to school to be a real estate agent after going back to school to renew her nursing degree. My grandmother left working at a music shop to own her own herbal store.

But we don't hear or praise a lot of people for making these changes early on in their life. It is never too early to make a change in your life, either.

The great thing about college, or even high school, is that it allows people to grow and fully understand themselves and where they want to be. Sometimes, it takes a few tries to get it right. I have declared three majors and five minors during my four years in college, and I'm about to just toss all of that aside and do something different. Because my interests changed.

Well, they didn't really change. My interests just returned to what I wanted to do in high school, which is nursing on the track to being a physicians assistant. Right now, I'm a History major with a writing and political science double minor.

And making these huge decisions may change everything. You might have to change schools, you may need to live in a different building, or you may just drop out entirely. You shouldn't make your decisions around your friends because if they are really your friend, they would push you to do what you do best.

Pushing careers aside, there are many aspects of your life that you can make changes in. Whether that be your relationship status or who you surround yourself with.

It is never too late or too early to get out of your relationship with your significant other if you aren't happy. If you feel like the relationship is holding you back from your potential, then drop it like it's hot. You first and foremost deserve to be happy.

It is never too late or too early to change who you surround yourself with. You may have been friends with those people to begin with, but if they are filling your life with negativity, then you shouldn't have to feel obligated to deal with it because they are your friend.

Just be you, and everything will be okay. Change is always a good thing.