Why Being A Sister Is The Best Job

Why Being A Sister Is The Best Job

Whether we are living in the same house or four hours apart, nothing can separate the bond of the Carter siblings.

8
Why Being A Sister Is The Best Job
Rachel Lyn Carter

Being a Big Sister is a huge responsibility, but, if done correctly, it can be the most rewarding and exciting experience of your entire life. My brother is the greatest person I know. He encourages and motivates me daily and he probably doesn't have the slightest clue.

There is always room for you to learn from your younger siblings.

Growing up with a younger brother, I've probably learned more from him than he has learned from me. He taught me that I have to be an example for him and that he is always watching and learning from me too. This caused me to always behave and obey my parents, do my best in school, be a loyal follower of Christ and passionate about everything I do. However, my brother is a heck of a guy. He is so intelligent and extremely athletic and has a killer personality. Not to mention he definitely got the looks in the family. My brother is one in a million and I am so blessed to be able to share my life with him.

You always have someone to talk to.

Being 4 hours away from my younger brother takes its toll on me quite often. Yes, I miss my parents, but since I've gotten older, the bond between my brother and myself has gotten so much stronger. I know I can text him and see how he's doing and we can always have a short conversation, but little does he know that those short texting conversations and 10-minute phone calls are some of the highlights of my week.

I have a built-in bodyguard.

I never have to worry about dumb boys getting away with treating me bad or breaking my heart because they will have my angry brother hot on their trail. No, my brother and I may not share every aspect of our love lives but we know when there is a need for the other to step in and make their presence known. Personally, my brother's opinion of any future boyfriend I have is so special to me because I know my brother loves me and will protect me against every stupid boy, so look out future bae, you gotta impress the brother AND the dad. Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor with that duo.

I always have a reason to go to sporting events and be the 'obnoxious fan'.

You better believe that when I go home for a visit, I am front and center cheering my baby brother on doing what he loves most. Seeing his passion for sports and his incredible athletic ability (which I got none of, thanks for sharing bro) makes me proud to say "THAT'S MY BROTHER" even if it does embarrass the crap out of him.

I will always have a Snapchat friend.

No matter what kind of day I am having I can always count on my brother to Snapchat me back using a funny filter to brighten my day and give me a little laugh. Even if he does get mad that a screenshot 99% of them.

I always show off his latest sports picture or stats from the last game.

My brother is my pride and joy and my favorite thing is to brag on him and how special he is. MY brother is a superstar in the classroom, on the football field and wrestling mat, as well as a loyal follower of Christ and he deserves the praise and bragging that he has so rightfully earned. I am so proud of the young man my brother is growing up to be.

Being a sister is the most rewarding aspect of my life because I know that I am someone that my brother can trust and come to for advice even if I do live four hours away and can be a best friend too. Through the good and the bad, we have stuck through everything together. My brother is my best friend and I don't know where I'd be with out him.