Traits Of A Navy Daughter

Traits Of A Navy Daughter

What my family's culture taught me.

34
CafePress

I come from a unique family background. My father has been a Naval officer for nearly 30 years. From the time I was born I have lived in 6 different homes and 5 states. My family's lifestyle has taught me lots of valuable lessons I keep close to my heart. This personal background has given me traits that allow me to make long-lasting friends and carry me through the storms of life.

1. I’m Flexible.

Navy kids bloom anywhere. With so many experiences throughout my life I have learned how to let go and say goodbye. We move to so many places and meet lots of different people, which brings something rich to every friendship.

2. I’m Loyal.

As the daughter, niece, and granddaughter of veterans, I have grown up surrounded by people who sacrifice everything for us at home. They never leave anyone behind and care for those they love. Loyalty is a trait my family thinks of as really important. I’m loyal to those I think are important. I don’t believe in leaving someone behind because of decisions made or others’ opinions of them.

3. I’m Patriotic.

I mean come on, I was born on the literal fourth of July. How much more patriotic can I get?? This fact makes it even more important in my family. I am proud of what my father does. He is brave for all the deployments he’s gone on. I live in a country where I am free to be who I want and for that I am grateful to those who have and who will serve.

4. I’m Resilient.

Resiliency is different from flexibility in that it is the ability to bounce back after a misfortune or harsh event, rather than just make a change. Move after move I have had to make new friends and keep my spirits up. My dad being overseas forced my family to have to switch up holidays and birthdays. But no matter what there is no need to get down because Homecoming is the most amazing experience and well worth the wait!

5. I'm Tolerant.

I always see the best in people. This comes from my personality and the fact that I meet so many new people going to different states and countries. I have no judgmental bone in my body. I will always forgive you no matter what.

This lifestyle has given me a unique look on what life holds. I love traveling and meeting new people. I have had to leave people I cared about so many times but I embrace the fact that there are so many experiences I have yet to have and I am so excited when that happens!