Why Baseball Is The Best Sport

20 Reasons Why Baseball SZN Is The BEST SZN

"There's no crying in baseball!"

627
Maddy Whitfield

"There's no crying in baseball!" (Tom Hanks in "A League Of Their Own").

There has never been a truer sentence than that one. The start of baseball season means the start of summer, long nights, good food and memories being made. What movies are the ones that turn out to be classics? Baseball movies. There truly is nothing better than going out to the ballpark (except for maybe the traffic).

Still not convinced? Well, I'm here to prove to you that baseball is America's past time for a multitude of reasons...

1. There's nothing like cheering in the stands

2. Peanuts and cracker jacks? Sign me up

3. Actually, all ballpark food is pretty much the bomb. Hotdogs, burgers, beer, fries, and my personal favorite, Dippin' Dots!

4. The different traditions that each ballpark has. The Nationals have the President mascots race and the Orioles always open the game by playing "Magic To Do."

5. The patriotism and pride you feel when the Star Spangled Banner is sung

6. The excitement of the first pitch of the game!

7. Whenever a home run is hit!

8. And when balls are hit into the stadium

9. Watching to see if you make it on the Jumbotron and when you do, waving and taking in your 5 seconds of fame

10. Two words: Baseball. Butts.

11. Who doesn't love the 7th inning stretch when everyone sings "Take Me Out To The Ballgame??" (also, does any other sport have a special song that they sing at every game no matter who's playing? Didn't think so)

12. That fun game of getting the attention of a vendor and then the occasional group effort of the crowd to get the money to the vendor and the beer to the buyer but teamwork makes the dream work

13. When it's a doubleheader!

14. When it's the bottom of the eighth inning

15. The iconic kiss cam

16. Being able to see your favorite players live in person (even if you are in the nosebleed section)

17. Sometimes the ballpark gives away free stuff like t-shirts! Even if they don't, getting souvenirs is always exciting!

18. I would argue that baseball is one of the least stressful sports to watch simply because of the flow of the game and the atmosphere surrounds you

19. Dippin Dots. I know I said that before but there's nothing like eating Dippin' Dots and watching some ball

20. Baseball has a long, rich, colorful history that makes the game so iconic and fun and once you go to a game, you'll understand what I'm talking about

So, while football, hockey and soccer games can be fun to go to, they're nothing quite like a good 'ol baseball game! Baseball is called America's pastime for a reason. The game is a time-honored tradition that keeps the fans coming. It's truly a home run for all!