Carry Kindness Everywhere You Go

Carry Kindness Everywhere You Go

One thing that has been hard to understand during times when I don't seem to be able to understand anything is this: things get better.

6
Carry Kindness Everywhere You Go
Pexels.com

I think I speak for everyone when I say that I do not like the concept of being sad. Having a hard time and being upset is not something that I am ever eager to grab at, but sometimes it just seems to grab me. One thing that has been hard to understand during times when I don't seem to be able to understand anything is this: Things get better.

We must remember that everyone is entitled to feel whatever they wish to. If someone wants to have a bad day, who are you to tell them that they shouldn't be? Think about this. Does anyone ever really ask for a rough time? No. No, they certainly do not. What we can ask for is help, and hopefully, understanding. I want to tell people that when I am upset, most of the time it is not at them, but at the circumstances.

I tend to not be able to even get that out before I start crying or just walking somewhere so I can try to collect the billions of thoughts running through my mind at a pace I will never match.

I wanted to write about having a bad day, days, or even phases. This is something that can happen to everyone, but sometimes the worst, most troublesome part is that not every day is like the rest. We are all individuals, and although we do acknowledge that sadness is a common feeling, we sometimes do not give it the attention or the recovery it deserves.

On my last day of my school's spring break, an event occurred that made me very upset. It had made me sick to my empty stomach, and I remember wanting to scream at anything that could hear me. I don't care if any of those feelings made sense to you -- because maybe that isn't what you would do if you were sad.

See my point? I'm not going to react the same way as you, you won't feel the same stuff as her, and he might not be able to explain why we are all so damn upset. No one has the same exact feelings because no situation can be the exact same. What we can do to help one another is try to make sure we understand that while sadness is universal (maybe not the causes of it), so is kindness.

Fast forward to me arriving back to school after the break had ended. I can speak for a good amount of the population when I say that sometimes it is easier to keep calm and surround myself with happiness than to just get sad about it all. It isn't that easy for some people, and that is the problem I am trying to address. I remember walking around campus and smiling at people as they walked by.

I was sitting on a bench, thinking. Could they see the ambulance that had pulled up to my house when they looked me in the eyes? I wonder if they could hear the sirens I let my ears endure while I was in the front seat of a vehicle rushing my suddenly sick mother in the back? These were the things I wondered, and the reasons were simple and, in my opinion, should be implied constantly.

I do not need people to know every detail about my life, no matter who they are to the world, or, to me. What I do need people to know is that when they look into my eyes, as well as the eyes of anyone they pass, they are not only making a direct recognition of another person but also should acknowledge that this person could be having a very rough time.

We have all been there, and if you think hard enough, I'm sure you can remember a day that no one could ever be able to see through your eyes, even if they had been right next to you.

These days happen, and they happen all the time. Bad days have been elaborated upon the most because, just like happy days (which, yes, I know and agree are a thing), they are things every single individual we know has. I urge you to be kind and to always remember your lowest point even when you feel you are at your highest.

Do not assume that people will fully understand how you are feeling, but know that they could have been where you are. The only way to find out is to make sure you address your feelings and make sure you understand that people create the strongest senses of support.

If you are having a rough day, realize that you are not alone. It is a bad day, but not a bad life.