What The Hell Is Wrong With The Green Bay Packers

What The Hell Is Wrong With The Green Bay Packers?!

As a fan of the team, I'm frustrated as hell.

231
aaron rogers

The Green Bay Packers haven't had a successful season in almost a decade. The definition of success in Green Bay equates to Super Bowls, yet we only made one under Aaron Rodgers. In my opinion, Rodgers is the greatest quarterback to ever play the position, so you'd think the team would win more than one Super Bowl. What is the problem with the team? Is it the offense? The defense? The coaching? Or is it the upper office? The answer is, it's a little bit of all of them.

Aaron Rodgers may be the greatest of all time, but he can't play running back or defense. The team has lacked a consistent run game ever since Aaron Rodgers joined the team. It is hard to only rely on the passing game to win championships. The Packers always struggle at the beginning of the game because they lack a run game, so Aaron Rodgers has to carry the team at the end. Not to mention, the team can't play defense to save its life. It seems like every game, we are giving up 30 points to a horrible team, and the last second ends in a nail-biter. If Aaron had any two of these aspects, he'd win a Super Bowl every year.

The coaching staff is also an issue for the team. Mike McCarthy has struggled to be the head coach. He has been the coach for a while now, but I think Aaron Rodgers makes him look better than he is. I like Mike as a person, but not as a head coach. His play calling is absolutely horrific, and his leadership is questionable. For example, we have a running back named Aaron Jones who is an absolute beast. Every time this kid touched the ball, he has the chance to score a touchdown. He is explosive and fast, and he needs more carries. Mike McCarthy doesn't give him enough carries though. Nobody on earth can figure out why. If he were to start and get like 20 carries a game, we would have an all-pro running back. Mike McCarthy has no clue who to start and it's horrible coaching,

The front office is also horrific. Just recently the team lost Ty Montgomery and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to free agency, and the Packers didn't pick up anyone. I understand why Ty was traded, he had a terrible game against the Rams and was one of the main reasons the team lost, but the loss of Clinton-Dix is crazy. He was a leader on an already horrible defense and we send him away to another team. We are already struggling, and giving away one of our best players is absolutely maddening.

The Green Bay Packers will continue to struggle year in and year out if none of these areas are changed. Aaron Rodgers is getting older, and won't be around much longer. The team needs to make smart moves now, so Rodgers can walk out a winner. If the Packers make no changes, we ill see the mediocre team for a few more years. Listen up Packers, you have to do better.