Why Am I Still Watching Grey's Anatomy?

Why Am I Still Watching Grey's Anatomy?

Honestly, I don't even know

24
Why Am I Still Watching Grey's Anatomy?
BOB D’AMICO VIA GETTY IMAGES

My junior year of high school I decided that I wanted to dig myself into the never-ending hole, that is the Grey's Anatomy series. I flew through eleven seasons in about two months (yes, I know that's ridiculous) but it instantly became my favorite show. I am such a drama junkie, so why not obsess over the fictional incidents that happen between fictional characters in a fictional hospital?

Well fast forward two years (and almost twelve years since the show first premiered) and here we are, as season thirteen is about to air, and you can bet that I am about to sit on the couch on Thursday, January 19th waiting for Dr. Meredith Grey to make a stunning entrance, as she always does.

I know many people who have given up on the show because the writers and producers keep dragging the show on and on, so why am I still watching it? Honestly I can tell you that I do not like many of the people that have joined after about season 9, and I am still heartbroken about all of the people who have been killed off, but I feel a sense of obligation to the show.

If all of the fans gave up after the season 8 finale, which is where I almost stopped, who would be there to watch Dr. Alex Karev care for all of the cute, tiny humans. Someone has to continue to cheer on Meredith for being a single mom of three whose husband and sister have died and whose best friend has left her. Who knows what's going to happen in Richard Webber's marriage to Catherine Avery unless you watch every Thursday. Or even Jackson and April's drama and their baby?! I have to be the person that keeps up to date. And I guess this is how T.V. stations make their money, crazy fangirls who live vicariously through pointless shows, ones like myself.

No matter how much I get frustrated with Shonda Rhimes, I still find myself needing to know what happened at Grey Sloan Memorial this week, and as much as I hate to admit it Shonda is going to have to cancel the show before I quit watching (or kill off Alex Karev but we don't want to give her any ideas now do we...)