Why I Am So Glad This Election Is Over

Why I Am So Glad This Election Is Over

"We all love our country, we just have different ideas about what is best for it. Which is part of what makes America great." - Ellen DeGeneres

68
Why I Am So Glad This Election Is Over
FellowShipHomeLoans

It has been a long ride, but it is finally over and I cannot express how incredibly thankful I am for this. We endured months and months of conflicting opinions and fighting over who the leader of our country should be. For the first time, there was no popular candidate. Both were hated by a good chunk of the population and those who did fully support one candidate, so strongly disagreed with the other that it caused even more chaos.

I am glad this election is over because I am tired of seeing two grown adults who are supposed to be preparing to run our country, yell over each other and fight like small children on national television. And then, so many claims are made by both of them in the moment that everyone has to go back and fact check whether or not what this person said was true. No matter who you support, you have to admit that they both said some pretty shady things.

I am glad this election is over because I would like to see something on social media besides family and friends throwing their political opinions out in the open just to end up fighting over it with someone who does not agree with them. There have been two types of people during this election, those who voiced their opinions loud and proud, and those who did not out of fear that someone would disagree with them and it would start a fight. I think it is quite sad that this election got so screwed up that people were afraid to voice their opinions because they knew that they would get scolded by family and friends for it, now more than ever. We should be able to talk to whoever we want to talk to without feeling the need to tiptoe around this topic in order to avoid conflict. This election has successfully divided us as a nation. The world we live in cannot seem to accept that everyone has different views and opinions so unfortunately, many relationships were ruined over this election.

I consider myself a very politically knowledgeable person. Throughout the election process, I have kept up to date with the debates and various claims each candidate has made. I have made my own decisions on who I will support and why. Although I have seen family and friends supporting someone I may not agree with, I never would go out of my way to fight with them about it just because I do not believe in what they believe in. I refuse to judge anyone based on their political views. Our candidates were not the only ones acting childish throughout this election process, some of the general public were as well.

I am glad this election is over because hopefully whether people agree with it or not, they can accept the outcome and move on. Now there is nothing to fight about. The fighting was unnecessary before election day, but it is completely pointless now. We need to mend the relationships that were destroyed and come together instead of dividing ourselves as a Nation. What's done is done and we can't change that, we just have to embrace the next four years for whatever they hold for us.