Why I Am Giving Up Complaining

We live in a society that is constantly complaining. I have noticed in pretty much every environment that I am in my daily life. When I am at work, people are complaining that they are tired or that they just want to go home. When I am at school, people complain that they have too much homework or that they just want to take a nap. I am always surrounded by people who complain because it is just in our nature as human beings in a world that is continually letting us down.

However, I feel that we also have some control over how often we are complaining. I personally do not enjoy people who are often griping about how tired or busy they are, because we are all busy. I have never met a person who wasn’t being drained by this world’s constant tasks. But that doesn’t give us the right to talk on and on about how bad our lives are. I do not want to be surrounded by people who are draining that way because it then trickles down to me complaining as well. I do not want to be known as a person who never has anything positive to contribute to conversation. I want to be known as a person who is mostly happy, and who tries their best to look at the bright side of a negative situation.

So, this is why I am giving up complaining. I believe that it’s better for everyone when we think and speak positive things. I think that just by choosing to say something meaningful instead of saying something that is irrelevant and unhelpful can make the world a better, more delightful place.

My advice to you after reading this article is to try to stop complaining with me. Maybe next time you are talking to a friend, co-worker, or anyone really, try to have a whole conversation without any pessimistic comments. Because trust me, an optimistic remark goes a whole lot further than a gloomy one. If you are having a problem with someone or something, try not to complain about it, but to state facts and try to fix the situation in a positive manner. I know that I have way more respect for someone who is cheerful than for someone who is constantly nagging others with their life problems.

I am not saying that you should never rant if you need to. I am also not saying that you’re a bad person if you complain sometimes because we all do it. This world can be hard sometimes, and we need to talk about it with people. But, I would love to only complain when necessary, and to try and make the world a better place by spreading positivity.

I hope that next time you talk to someone, you think about what you are going to say before saying it. I hope you question whether or not the comment is helpful, or whether or not it actually needs to be said. I hope you do less complaining and more spreading optimism.