I don't know about you, but there's something about 2019 that just feels different already. Maybe because I'm older and more aware of life, but for some reason, I feel like this year will be my year. 2018, just like previous years, was all good but all bad at the same time.

I graduated high school, had my last dance recital with my studio, got into all the schools I applied to, and made some amazing friends. I also struggled immensely with my mental health, lost some people in my life, gained the freshman 15 and failed a college class. The amount of laughter I had was equal to the amount of tears I shed, but that's okay.

What I've learned is that it gets worse before it gets better. I experienced so many hardships only to realize all the good that would follow after. I taught myself new skills, such as how to play a song on the ukulele. I learned the subway system in NYC and started writing for the Odyssey. I found better ways to cope with my mental health, even after a few slip-ups and steps back. I fell in love with art again and even made more videos of all that I did.

I found myself more at peace with myself and my body than ever before, even though on some nights it seemed as if I was my own worst enemy.

I seem to have found a new attitude towards not only myself but others for the new year and the rest of the years to come. I know this year won't be perfect, and hey it may even be harder than the last, but the attitude I have now will not compare.

I think that it's important to have a great attitude and outlook on the year ahead, and who cares if people make fun of you looking forward to what is to come.

I can't wait to make more memories and friendships, but also form a better relationship with myself. This year feels different. I hope yours does too.