Why 2017 Will Be Different

Why 2017 Will Be Different

Using this next year to become the best version of yourself

15
Why 2017 Will Be Different
ABC

New year, new me. That's what they always say right? We all know there's no such thing is completely recreating ourselves but there are a couple of ways we can better the amazing, interesting selves we already are. These are a couple of ways 2017 can be different if we take the time for some self evaluation and learn to accept that we all have faults.

1. Family over everything.

They are the few people that will truly always be there for you. Despite the disagreements they want what's best for you. I can't tell you how many times I feel resentment towards my mom when she tells me exactly what I don't want to hear, but deep down I know there is truth in all that she says.

2. Keep the positive people around.

These people are instrumental in your life. You really are who you surround yourself with. Positivity can get you a long ways, and can help you achieve the unimaginable.

3. Let go of the negative people in your life.

You want to believe that these people will someday change but the truth of the matter is some people will never change. Don't let certain people in your life be the cause of your unhappiness, you are better off without them.

4. Do on to others!

Give back to the community that has given so much to you. Not just because it makes you feel good or it's rewarding, but because it's the right thing to do.

5. Don't be oblivious to what's right in front of you.

I've seen way to many people mope around waiting for something better to come around the corner as they completely miss what's right in front of them.

6. Live meaningfully

Give your life purpose. You don't like the way something is done? Work to change it. Too many people notice the wrongs of the world and remain in silence. Don't ever be a bystander.

7. Start putting yourself first!

As hard as it is to believe, you're in control of your own happiness. While it's great to care and help others let us never forget to think about ourselves every once in a while.